Recognized since 2010
Commercial Finance Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Real Estate
Real Estate Law
Doug is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate and Lending practice groups where he specializes in land use, zoning, and commercial lending.
Doug has more than 30 years of experience handling all aspects of real estate law from contracts and boundary line disputes to complex commercial transactions. He represents developers, purchasers, owners, and lenders in both transactional and development matters.
Doug previously served on the City of Mobile Planning Commission and is recognized as the leading expert in land use matters in Mobile. He currently serves as the attorney for the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment for the City of Mobile, as well as serves as general counsel to the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Mobile, Inc.
Contact & Links
- 11 North Water Street, Suite 22200
Mobile, AL 36602
- Samford University , Juris Doctor, graduated 1982
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science, graduated 1979
- Alabama, Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association - Member
- Homebuilders Association of Metro Mobile - Member
- Mobile Association of Realtors - Member
- Mobile Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Real Estate, Mobile (2022)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Mobile (2021)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Mobile (2015)
- Real Estate Law, Mobile (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Finance Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in America, Land Use and Zoning Law (2016-2020), Real Estate Law (2010-2020), Litigation - Real Estate (2011-2020)
- Best Lawyers in America, "Lawyer of the Year," Real Estate Law, Mobile, Alabama (2014, 2015)
- Home Builders Association of Metro Mobile, E. L. Jones Hall of Fame Award
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
"Doug Anderson has a wealth of experience in his area of expertise and always gets the job done very efficiently, professionally, and with excellent results. He is especially valuable because of his local connections and reputation in the Mobile, Alabama area. I highly recommend him."
- Steven L. Offner (Millard Refrigerated Services, Inc.), Omaha, NE
"Douglas Anderson is the best real estate lawyer we have worked with -- depth and breadth, from initial predevelopment analysis, easements, contracts, zoning, land (purchase and lease), land and loan closing, lease structure, and negotiations. He has timely follow up and strong leadership assistance."
- Don Kelly, Sr. (The Mitchell Company, Inc.), Mobile, AL
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.