Douglas Edward Smith
Recognized since 2013
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Douglas Smith focuses his practice on representing clients in complex class action litigation and offering advice on legal compliance with federal and state wage and hour requirements. He also helps employers respond to wage and hour investigations by the U. S. Department of Labor and the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. He has also testified before the Washington State legislature on numerous class action and wage and hour issues and consulted on a variety of legislative matters. He works with many well-known national and regional companies, including retailers, food manufacturers, and others.
In addition, Douglas has authored several articles on class action litigation and wage and hour compliance. In 2006, he was appointed as one of four employer representatives to serve on the Employment Law Advisory Committee to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.littler.com/people/douglas-edward-smith
- One Union Square
600 University Street, Suite 3200
Seattle, WA 98101
- University of Oregon, J.D., graduated 1987
- Stanford University, BA, graduated 1982
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Washington State Bar Association - Member
235 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
152 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Order of the Coif - University of Oregon School of Law, 1987
- Recipient, Pro Bono Public Service Commendation – Washington State Bar Association, 2003
- Recipient, Random Acts of Professionalism Award, 2006
- Recipient, Heavy Lifter Award - Association of Washington Business, 2006 and 2008
- Named, Super Lawyer - Washington, Super Lawyers, 2011-2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.