Recognized since 2022
Banking and Finance Law
Commercial Finance Law
Doug Nail is uniquely focused on healthcare finance. Over the course of his 30-year career, Doug has guided lenders to the successful completion of hundreds of secured loan transactions. His deep understanding of the healthcare industry and extensive experience with the business and regulatory environment affecting healthcare borrowers allows him to provide his clients with penetrating insights and industry-specific knowledge and experience that maximize the chances of deal success in this highly regulated space.
Having represented numerous lenders in secured healthcare financing transactions, Doug is able to provide a unique level of service to lenders in this area. The needs of healthcare industry borrowers are complex, and Doug has helped lenders close deals with providers in nearly every space in the healthcare field, including skilled nursing, acute care hospital/health system, home health, inpatient rehab, diagnostic imaging, and long-term acute care, and with pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of medical devices.
Doug also has extensive experience representing lenders in non-healthcare asset-based loan transactions and experience representing lenders in commercial loan portfolio sales and purchases and debtor-in-possession and exit financing deals. His extensive experience includes structuring, negotiating, closing and restructuring asset-based and other secured loan transactions.
Doug is committed to seeing his clients achieve their objectives. His client-focused approach and responsive style ensures that the lenders he works with have the highest degree of confidence that their deals are in good hands.
Doug has previously served on the Firm’s Executive Committee and as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Recruiting Committee.
- 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3600
Atlanta, GA 30308
- University of Georgia , J.D.
- University of Georgia, B.B.A.
- Georgia, 1988
- American Bar Association - Member
- Macalester College Parent Council - Member
- St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal Church in Atlanta, Georgia - Member
- St. Martin's Episcopal School - Trustee (2001-2007)
- State Bar of Georgia - Former Member, Legal Opinion Subcommittee, Uniform Commercial Code Committee, Corporate and Banking Law Section
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Top Rated Lawyers" by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM (2012)Recipient, John and Mary Franklin Foundation Academic ScholarshipRecipient, Teagle Foundation Academic Scholarship
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.