Recognized since 1997
Litigation - Environmental
Doug Cohen has practiced in the energy and environmental field since 1980, first at the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and then at the US Department of Justice. Since 1988, he has been in private practice primarily representing developers, and manufacturing and industrial clients, financial institutions and utilities.
Doug has experience in all areas of energy and environmental law, including utility and environmental litigation, utility and environmental permitting, environ-mental counseling, and the environmental implications of real estate and business transactions. In addition, Doug has experience in administrative hearings, practicing before the Connecticut Siting Council, the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control, Office of Health Care Access, and many local wetlands, planning and zoning boards.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.brownrudnick.com/people/douglas-a-cohen
- 185 Asylum Street
Hartford, CT 06103
- George Washington University Law School , JD, graduated 1980
- Connecticut Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Listed in Woodward/White Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Energy Law (2013-2015), Environmental Law (1995-2015) and Litigation – Environmental (2011-2015)
- Consistently listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading environmental lawyer in Connecticut
"Doug Cohen is by far the best environmental attorney I have worked with in my 32 years in the environmental field. His years with EPA and the Justice Department gave him an understanding of environmental law that is unmatched. He is always fully prepared to deal with any issues that come up in the 16 projects he is handling for ACF. He continues to save ACF millions of dollars annually through his ability to negotiate the best deal for us in superfund and other environmental litigation matters."
- Rich Hyink (ACF Industries, Inc.), St. Charles, MO
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.