Recognized since 2006
Class Action Litigation
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Doug founded IMK in 1997 with the late Colin K. Irving. In the course of his career, he has acted as lead counsel in many complex cases, participated in trials covered by the media, advised clients on delicate issues and played key roles in crisis management to avoid or settle disputes. His career and his way of intervening in cases have earned him the respect of all the courts before which he has pleaded. He has acted for the Chief Justice of Quebec and the Canadian Judicial Council and has pleaded numerous cases before the Supreme Court of Canada.
His clients include large and small companies as well as individuals. His areas of expertise cover the spheres of business litigation and constitutional and administrative law, among others. He has acted as arbitrator in many cases. His services are solicited regularly to act for other law firms, whether in conflict of interest matters or other matters.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://imk.ca/equipe/doug-mitchell/
- 3500 boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest, Suite 1400
Montréal, QC H3Z 3C1
- McGill University, B.C.L./LL.B., graduated 1988
- Queen’s University, B.A. (Honours), graduated 1984
- Quebec, 1989
10 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Montréal, Canada (2021)
- Class Action Litigation, Montréal, Canada (2020)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Montréal, Canada (2014)
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Montréal, Canada (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.