Donald G. Gilchrist
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law
Law School:Oxford University
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Oxford University, B.C.L.
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- University of Toronto, BA
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Commercial Law; Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Business Machines Corporation in its acquisition of Cognos Incorporated.
- International Business Machines Corporation in its acquisition of DataMirror Corporation.
- PDX Resources Inc. in its merger with Detour Gold Inc.
- The founder and largest shareholder of Pet Valu, Inc. in the sale of Pet Valu to Roark Capital Group.
- The Special Committee of Royal Utilities Income Fund in connection with the insider bid of Sherritt Inc.
- Southern Copper Corporation in its proposed acquisition of Frontera Copper Corporation.
- Talbot Group Holdings Pty Ltd. in its investment in PBS Coals Limited and subsequent disposition of its interest to Severstal Resources.
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc. in its 2008 subscription receipts offering.
- United States Steel Corporation in its acquisition of Stelco Inc.
- Communications Investment Partners Limited in its acquisition of Stratos Global Corporation.
- Sears Holdings Corporation in its bid to acquire the minority shares of Sears Canada Inc.
- Inco Limited in its proposed transactions with Falconbridge Limited and Phelps Dodge Corporation and its eventual sale to Vale.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018