Recognized since 1989
Employment Law - Individuals
Don Donati began his legal career with Memphis Area Legal Services, providing counsel to disadvantaged individuals in the Memphis community. In 1980, Mr. Donati continued his mission to seek justice for the area’s most vulnerable citizens when he opened Donati Law.
Mr. Donati has been recognized in every edition of The Best Lawyers in America since 1989 in the area of labor and employment law. He has also been named one of the Top 100 lawyers in Tennessee and recognized by Mid-South Super Lawyers in employment litigation and labor and employment law. He is a Fellow in the American College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Donati has significant trial experience and has appeared before the United States Supreme Court. As a result of the firm’s success at the U.S. Supreme Court in Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Ry. Co. v. White, 126 S. Ct. 2405 (2006), Mr. Donati was selected by Lawyers USA as one of its top six lawyers in the U.S. for 2006. Mr. Donati also successfully argued the Tennessee Supreme Court cases of Crews v. Buckman Labs. and Guy v. Mutual of Omaha Ins. Co., which expanded the rights of whistleblowers in Tennessee. Mr. Donati also tried the first sexual harassment case under the THRA and multiple successful harassment cases in federal courts.
Today, Mr. Donati and his firm continue their commitment to protection and expansion of worker’s rights.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.donatilaw.com/our-team/don-donati
- 1545 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
- University of Tennessee College of Law , J.D. Law, graduated 1975
- University of Memphis, B.A., graduated 1971
- Tennessee, 1975
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employment Law - Individuals, Memphis (2016)
- Employment Law - Individuals, Memphis (2012)
- Labor and Employment Law, Memphis (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- 2009 – "150 Best Lawyers in Tennessee" by BusinessTN Magazine
- 2006 – Top Lawyers in the U.S. by Lawyers USA**
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.