Dolly Hernandez, Of Counsel to Richman Greer, P.A., focuses her practice on complex marital and family law cases. Ms. Hernandez represents high-net-worth individuals in matters that include dissolution of marriage, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, parenting and time-share issues, paternity, prenuptial agreements, and postnuptial agreements.
Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Ms. Hernandez practiced at some of South Florida’s leading marital and family law litigation boutiques and adds a different dimension to complex marital and family law matters due to her experience as an associate at the Miami Office of Baker & McKenzie, LLP.
Her professional and community involvement stems beyond South Florida and encompasses the national level through her involvement with the American Bar Association. To that end, from 2011 to July 2018, Ms. Hernandez served as Co-Chair of the Family Law Litigation Committee for the ABA’s Section of Litigation. Now, Ms. Hernandez serves as a member of the Membership & Marketing Committee of the ABA’s Section of Litigation. In addition, Ms. Hernandez currently serves on the Steering Group of the International Family Law Committee for the ABA’s Section of International Law. Further, since 2017, Ms. Hernandez serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Miami & the Keys Chapter of the American Red Cross. Ms. Hernandez is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
Education and Admissions
Dolly Hernandez earned a bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in finance from the University of Miami and a law degree from the University of Miami School of Law. While pursuing her bachelor’s degree, Ms. Hernandez, was awarded the James A. Sawyer Memorial Scholarship, a departmental finance scholarship, was a Member of the President’s 100, and was the assistant news editor for The Miami Hurricane. In law school, she was the recipient of both the Dean’s Honor Scholarship and MPLE Scholarship, as well as a member of the International Moot Court Board.
Ms. Hernandez is admitted to practice in:
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law (2019, 25th Edition).
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers (2014-2018).
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide (2017-2018).
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trends magazine (2017).
- Super Stars 2017, South Florida Edition, Attorney at Law Magazine (2017).
- Listed in the Top 50: Women Florida Super Lawyers (2015, 2018).
- Listed in the Top 100: Miami Super Lawyers (2018).
- Attorneys to Watch in 2015, Attorney at Law Magazine (2015).
- Top Up and Comers, South Florida Legal Guide (2015-2016).
- Rising Star, Daily Business Review (2014).
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers in Miami-Dade County (2013).
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating.
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2010-2012).
- Women Extraordinaire Award Recipient by Business Leader Media (2012).
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation-Outstanding Subcommittee Chair (2010-2011).
Publications & Articles
- Dolly Hernandez, “International Custody Battles and Use of Article 13(b),” 2009 Annual Review, ABA Section of Litigation Family Law Litigation Committee (American Bar Association, Chicago, Ill), Fall 2009, at 16.
- Dolly Hernandez, “The Limits of Electronic Discovery in Family Cases,” 2011 Annual Review, ABA Section of Litigation Family Law Litigation Committee (American Bar Association, Chicago, Ill), Summer 2011, Vol. 7, No. 1 at 2.
- Dolly Hernandez, “Library of Florida Family Law Forms,” Daily Business Review Books (American Legal Media) December 2012.
- Dolly Hernandez & Cristina Bencomo, Chapter 3, “Jurisdiction, Venue, and Service of Process,” Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Florida Bar Practice Series, (12th Edition).
- Dolly Hernandez, Chapter 3, “Jurisdiction, Venue, and Service of Process,” Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Florida Bar Practice Series, (13th Edition).
- Dolly Hernandez and Robert S. Jeffrey, Chapter 4, “Modification of Property Rights,” Florida Proceedings After Dissolution of Marriage, Florida Bar Practice Series, (12th Edition and 13th Edition).
- Dolly Hernandez, “Marital Settlement Agreements,” Lexis Nexis Practice Advisor (2016-2018).
Presentations & Media Appearances
- July 2010, Moderator, ABA Distance CLE, “Family Law Goes Global.”
- May 2011, Moderator, Spellman-Hoeveler American Inn of Court, “The Impact of Family Law on Civil, Criminal & Bankruptcy Practice.”
- September 2011, Moderator of Family Law Panel, Daily Business Review, View From the Bench.
- September 2011, Moderator, ABA Distance CLE, “The Impact of Social Media on a Divorce Case: Big Brother Is Watching.”
- October 2011, Presenter, Florida Family Law Inn of Court, October Case and Hot Tip of the Month.
- June 2012, Moderator of Family Law Panel, Daily Business Review, View From the Bench.
- February 2013, Moderator of Family Law Panel, Dade County Bar Association, Bench & Bar Conference.
- December 2013, Moderator of How to Litigate a Family Case, Dade County Bar Association.
- June 2014, Speaker, Hot Topics in Family Law, Miami-Dade Legal Support Association.
- February 2015, Moderator of Family Law Panel, Dade County Bar Association, Bench & Bar Conference.
- September 2015, Speaker, Hot Topics in Alimony, Miami-Dade Legal Support Association.
- July 2016, Speaker, Modern Families and Estate Planning, STEP Miami.
- July 2017, Speaker, Super Stars in Trial, Dade County Bar Association.
- December 2017, Moderator of ABA Roundtable, “Mining for Financial Information in a Divorce Using Personal Tax Returns.”
- March 2018, Moderator of ABA Roundtable, “Damages Claims in Divorce Proceedings.”
- Telemundo, “Un Nuevo Dia,” “Prenuptial Agreements and Finances,” provided legal analysis on prenuptial agreements, March 27, 2018.
- July 2018, Moderator of ABA Roundtable, “The Basics on Business Tax Returns.”
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2015-Present)
- Uniform Law Commission: Family Law Arbitration, Drafting Committee and ABA Section Advisor (2013-2016)
- American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation, Family Law Litigation Committee: Co-Chair (2011-2018)
- Section of Litigation, Member & Marketing Committee: Member (2018-2019)
- Section of International Law, International Family Law Committee: Vice Chair (2011-2013, 2014-2015) and Steering Group (2013-2014, 2015-Present)
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Board of Directors (October 2013-September 2016)
- American Red Cross: Greater Miami & the Keys Chapter, Board of Directors (November 2017-Present)
- Dade County Bar Association, Board of Directors (June 2015-June 2018): Chair, Family Court Committee (2013-2015)
- Kidside, Board of Directors (January 2014-May 2015)
- First Family Law Inns of Court
- Florida Bar: Family Law Section and Rules & Forms Committee (2008-2014)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (2010-Present): Co-Chair, Section of Family Law (2012-2013), (2018-2019)