Dimitris Emvalomenos is the Managing Partner of Bahas, Gramatidis
and Partners (BGP) Law Firm. Leader Partner of BGP’s Commercial Section.
With attention to detail, project management capabilities and over
30-year experience, he has assisted numerous international and Greek
clients navigate a variety of complex commercial deals and resolve
highly demanding disputes. His essential work mottos are: meticulous
preparation, careful collection and scrupulous examination of
information and data, exhaustive planning, diligence, persistence and
flexibility in proceeding, pre-emptive approach, business orientation,
seeking actual interests and alternative solutions.
Articles on topics of his practice area are regularly published in international journals.
Commercial Law (Contracts, Corporate, etc.)
Product Liability /SafetyConsumer Law
Competition /Antitrust Law
Network Agreements (Agency, Distribution, etc.)
Privatizations and Projects
StructureSecurities /NPLsCommercial Law
2020: Accredited Mediator:- UK / Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), London.- Greece / Central Mediation Committee (KED), Ministry of Justice, Athens.
1987-1988-1989: University of London, Queen Mary College, London, United Kingdom.- Master of Laws (LL.M) in “Commercial and Corporate Law”.- Additional postgraduate subjects of “International Commercial and Financial Law”.
1980-1987: Law School of the Athens University, Athens, Greece.Bachelor of Law (magna cum laude).Greek Law: Civil, Commercial, Criminal, Constitutional and Administrative, Civil, Criminal and Administrative Procedural Law, European Union Law.
1990 onwards: Various courses related to his law practice areas as well as on finance, accounting, analysis of financial statements, law & economics, corporate governance, economic psychology, mediation.
Piraeus Bar Association
International Bar Association (IBA - SBL Committees C, L, M, S)
-Greek Commercial Lawyers' Association
-Competition Law Partnership
-Greek Association for Arbitration
-Greek Association of Law & Economics
-Hellenic Association for Financial Law
-International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC - www.iadclaw.org)
-European Justice Forum (EJF), Brussels (www.europeanjusticeforum.org), Correspondent for Greece
-DRI Europe, the European Branch of DRI International (www.dri.org), Country Chair - Greece
-CEDR Exchange Network Member (www.cedr.com)
-EODID Athens Mediation and Arbitration Organization (www.eodid.org)
-Hellenic Union of Mediators - EED (eledi.gr)
Recent transactional highlights
- Advising Taisho Pharmaceuticals Holdings Co., Ltd./ Assisted Taisho
Pharmaceuticals Holdings Co., Ltd. on the bid process for the
acquisition of UPSA SAS from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and the
consummation of the acquisition.
- Advising Carestream Health, Inc./ Assisted Carestream Health, Inc. with the sale of it’s Healthcare Information Systems to Philips Healthcare Informatics, Inc.
- Advising ATTICA BANK /Project Kairos/ Follow up of the securitization of an NPL portfolio of €700.5 million by transfer to an SPV which in turn issued €343,25 million senior notes and €357,25 million junior notes – Sale by Attica Bank of 95% of the Class B Notes to TOCU Europe II S.ar.l, which undertook the servicing of the complete securitized NPL portfolio.
- The acquisition of the Greek railway company TRENOSE by Ferrovie, Italia.
- The acquisition of EESTYY (the state owned company of railway equipment and material by TRENOSE.