Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Group. The main focus of his practice is the creation and structuring of financial products and financing for all kinds of businesses, both from the lender or the borrower’s perspective; in the purchases and sales of companies and in the issuance and placement of debt and equity securities either in Chile or elsewhere, as well as financial regulatory matters.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Council, Chilean Bar Association (2017-2021).
- Member of the Advisory Committee on Capital Markets to the Financing Minister.
- Member of the New Commerce Codification Commission (2016-2017).
- Working Group to analyze a new General Banking Law, Chile (2015).
- Member of the board of InBest, a non-profit organization that seeks to promote Chile as a business capital (since 2009).
- Member of the Legal Committee, Chilean Banking Association (2000-2007).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Counsel and member of the Executive Committee, Inter-American Bar Association (IABA).
- Member of the Arbitration Body of the Center for the Arbitration and Mediation, Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Legal counsel, Citicorp and Citibank, Chile (1985).
- Law Clerk, Comptroller’s Office, Republic of Chile (1972).
- Lecturer in “Chile Week” conference, China (2016).
- Frequent lecturer in conferences organized by the Inter-American Bar Association (IABA), American Bar Association (ABA), PRAC, Federación Latinoamericana de Bancos (FELABAN), among others.