Diane M. McDermott is a partner in Holland & Knight's Boston office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice. Ms. McDermott's practice focuses on numerous aspects of real estate law, including permitting and development, leasing, conveyancing, and purchase and sale transactions. She also represents clients in the hotel and hospitality industry in connection with various aspects of the business operations.
Ms. McDermott's representative engagements include:
Relocation of Corporate Headquarters
- Represented a client in the relocation of its corporate headquarters from Boston to Cambridge, including assistance in structuring the transaction, negotiation of the lease with the landlord, and advice on the structuring and negotiation of the architect's contract, construction contracts and project management consultant contracts.
- Represented a client/developer in the land acquisition, permitting, financing and ground-up construction of hotel properties, as well as in the transactions regarding the sale of operating hotel properties.
- Representation of an international client, as a tenant, in its nationwide commercial office leasing requirements and the relocation of its North American headquarters.
Institutional Commercial Property Owner
- Represented a client in connection with a land acquisition and the financing, permitting and construction of a ground-up 425,000-square-foot commercial office building located on the South Shore of Boston.
- Represented a client in connection with the purchase of an existing 350,000-square-foot commercial office building and its substantial renovation and the construction of a garage facility for the building.
- Represented a client in connection with the sale of land and negotiation regarding utilities, easements, repurchase right and related retained rights for a major park redevelopment in the western suburbs of Boston.
- Represented a major institutional client in connection with its major expansion of office space in a downtown Boston Tower.
- Represented a landlord/owner in connection with the leasing of multiple retail locations to commercial banking institutions and other retail users in a mixed-use project in Hartford, Conn.
- Represented landlord in connection with the leasing of retail locations on Newbury Street, Boston, Mass., to a national retailer.
- Represented national retailer in connection with its entry into the Boston market in connection with its tenant retail location on Newbury Street, Boston, Mass.
- Represent tenant in connection with national leasing of retail locations for its operations in the retail clothing industry.
- Represented national restaurant chain in connection with its national retail leasing.
- Represented landlord/owner in connection with the negotiation of a lease for a single-tenant retail user in the suburban Boston market.
- Represented client in connection with the sale of a subsidiary entity, including 150 retail restaurant locations. Analysis of issues presented in the retail leases in connection with the transfer and negotiation with respective landlords on all locations.