Recognized since 2008
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Labor Law - Union
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Dennis McClelland is a board certified labor and employment Lawyer who has practiced exclusively in the area of labor and employment for over 23 years.
Dennis represents employers in civil court litigation, arbitrations and administrative proceedings regarding claims involving wage and hour, employment discrimination, family and medical leave, union-management relations, employee benefits, and various employment-related torts. In particular, he has extensive experience representing companies in FLSA collective actions, mass individual and multi-plaintiff FLSA actions following decertification, and Department of Labor investigations. He also provides strategic consulting to companies regarding complex wage and hour law compliance matters.
He regularly represents employers in prosecuting and defending cases involving alleged breaches of non-competition agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets claims, and employment or business-related tort claims. He routinely counsels employers regarding compliance with various applicable federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, including the preparation and/or review of employment contracts, severance agreements, and employment handbooks and policies. Dennis represents a broad range of employers in the financial services, retail, hospitality, health care, transportation, construction, engineering, and manufacturing industries.
- Direct Phone Number: 813-472-7550
- Phone Number: 813-472-7550
- Lawyer Page: https://www.phelps.com/professionals/dennis-m-mcclelland.html
- 100 South Ashley Drive, Suite 2000
Tampa, FL 33602-5311
- University of Florida, graduated 1996
- Florida State University, BS, graduated 1993
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Fair Labor Standards Act Subcommittee, ABA Labor and Employment Section - Co-Chair
- Florida Bar Association - Labor & Employment Law Section
- The Florida Bar - Board Certified Labor & Employment Law Specialist
- Wage and Hour Defense Institute of the Litigation Council of America - Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Employment Law - Management, Tampa (2023)
- Employment Law - Management, Tampa (2021)
- Employment Law - Management, Tampa (2019)
- Employment Law - Management, Tampa (2017)
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Labor Law - Union
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Florida Trend Magazine "Legal Elite"
- The International Who's Who of Management Labor and Employment Lawyers (2013)
- Special Recognition Award (for Pro Bono Service to the Court), 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida (1997)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, Hillsborough County Bar Association (2005)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.