Recognized since 2012
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Litigation - Intellectual Property
He has successfully defended securities broker-dealers and their registered representatives in unsuitability, fraud, churning, and “selling-away” cases. He also practices in the area of trade secret protection and arbitration proceedings in state and federal courts.
Mr. Levasseur has lectured on broker-dealer and securities litigation to trade groups. Before joining the Firm, Mr. Levasseur clerked for the Honorable Stewart A. Newblatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Mr. Levasseur is a founder of the Historical Society of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and serves as the Legal/Government Committee Chair and on the Executive Board as the Vice President for Legal Affairs of the Detroit Historical Society. He is a City Attorney for the City of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.bodmanlaw.com/attorneys/dennis-j-levasseur
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ford Field, Sixth Floor
1901 Saint Antoine Street
Detroit, MI 48226
- Wayne State University, J.D.
- Wayne State University, B.A.
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Historical Society - Vice President for Legal Affairs and Legal/Government Committee Chair
- FINRA - Arbitrator
- Historical Society of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan - Founding Member
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association - Member, Compliance & Legal Society
- Wayne County Mediation Tribunal - Commercial Mediator
- American Bar Association - Member, Forum on Franchising
- Detroit Bar Association - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member, Summer Associate Courthouse Program Committee co-chair, and Newsletter Committee member
- International Franchise Association - Member
- Oakland County Bar Foundation - Fellow
- United State District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Detroit (2021)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Detroit (2018)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Detroit (2016)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Detroit (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Civil Litigation
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Chambers USA 2017 (Litigation: General Commercial, Michigan)
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2007-2016 (Securities Litigation)
- Benchmark Litigation (State Litigation Star) 2008-2017
- 2016 DBusiness magazine “Top Lawyer” (Litigation-Intellectual Property)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.