Recognized since 2005
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Mr. Connolly has represented parties in interest in major Chapter 11 cases, including Delta Air Lines, Refco, Inc., Enron Corp., Zale Corporation, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc., AmeriServe and Winn-Dixie. He is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and a director of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute. He has been selected as a leading practitioner by Chambers USA, listed in Super Lawyers magazine and named Lawyer of the Year in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law for 2014 (Atlanta) by Best Lawyers in America. He was named in Super Lawyers magazine’s “Top 100: 2014-2016 Georgia Super Lawyers Top List.” He has been actively involved in the bank crisis, representing bank holding companies and their directors and officers in litigation with bankruptcy trustees. He has represented purchasers of assets in nationwide cases.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.alston.com/professionals/dennis-connolly
- E-mail: email@example.com
- One Atlantic Center, Suite 4900
1201 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309-3424
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors of the Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association - Past Chair
- University School of Law Bankruptcy Litigation Skills Program - Former Advisory Board of ABI/Tulane
- American College of Bankruptcy - Fellow and Director
- Board of Directors of Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute - Past Chair and Current Director
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Atlanta (2020)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Atlanta (2018)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Atlanta (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Listed in Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, 2006-2016
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal: USA, 2016
- Listed in the Guide to the World’s Leading Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers, 2006-2016
- Noted as a “Georgia Super Lawyer” in Atlanta Magazine, 2004-2014 editions
- Selected in 2003-2016 as a leading insolvency practitioner by Chambers & Partners USA
- Appointed trustee for a real estate company in a case pending in the Central District of California.
- Represented a defense contractor in its Chapter 11 proceedings in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Successfully represented the directors and officers of a bank holding company in the successful defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented the directors and officers of a failed bank holding company in obtaining dismissal of all claims on standing grounds and obtaining affirmance of the district court ruling in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a major satellite launch company as a Chapter 11 debtor in a case in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Acted as counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors in the case of a large non-bank financial institution.
- Acted as trustee (and plan administrator) in a large Chapter 11 case in San Jose, California.
- Represented a major mortgage company as a Chapter 11 debtor in a case in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Represented a competitor with a significant patent claim against a global automotive parts manufacturing company.
- Represented hedge funds and other entities that deposited assets with affiliates of a global financial services company in that company’s bankruptcy case.
- Involved in Alston & Bird’s representation of a major commercial airline as special counsel for pension plan and employee benefit issues.
- Served as co-counsel for a global textile supplier and its affiliates in their bankruptcy cases pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Served as co-counsel to the ad hoc committee of the holders of senior secured notes in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a major manufacturer of ready-to-assemble furniture.
- Served as co-counsel for the official committee of unsecured creditors in the cases of a leading manufacturer of textile products and its affiliates pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Served as co-counsel to the debtor in the bankruptcy case of a leading manufacturer of private label disposable diapers in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Served as counsel for the official committee of unsecured creditors in the bankruptcy cases of the leading chain of retail bagel stores and its affiliated debtors in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona.
- Served as counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors in the bankruptcy case of a major regional transportation company and its affiliated debtors in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- Represented the Enron Corp. examiner in all aspects of the examination, including litigation involving discovery, disputes relating to the scope of the examination, fee applications and other matters involving the investigation.
- Represented creditors, purchasers and other parties in interest in a number of cases throughout the United States, including companies in the grocery, food services, air transportation, electronics and automotive supply industries.
- Involved in representing parties with claims against the FDIC and/or the RTC as the receiver for insolvent financial institutions throughout the Southeast.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.