Recognized since 2007
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Health Care Law
Litigation - Antitrust
Denise Gunter has more than two decades of experience representing clients in a variety of antitrust matters. She represents clients in civil and criminal antitrust litigation and government investigations and advises clients on pricing, distribution, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and Hart-Scott-Rodino premerger notification filings. Though Denise's antitrust experience covers a variety of industries, she has a particular focus on healthcare antitrust matters and regularly advises healthcare providers on antitrust issues affecting their operations. Denise is the author of a chapter of the American Bar Association's Messenger Model Handbook, focused on the so-called "messenger model" utilized by healthcare provider networks to avoid antitrust prohibitions.
In addition to her antitrust experience, Denise has broad-based litigation experience including certificate of need litigation, business disputes, and medical staff litigation.
Denise also serves as the managing partner of Nelson Mullins' Winston-Salem office.
Contact & Links
- The Knollwood, Suite 530
380 Knollwood Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association - Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section (Chair, 2002-03)
- American Bar Association - Antitrust Section, Health Law Section, Litigation Section
- American Health Lawyers Association -
- North Carolina State Bar -
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Antitrust Law, Triad (2023)
- Health Care Law, Triad (2022)
- Antitrust Law, Triad (2021)
- Health Care Law, Greensboro (2017)
- Health Care Law, Greensboro (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Health Care Law
- Certificate of Need
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business – Healthcare (2015, 2016)
- Business North Carolina magazine Legal Elite, antitrust
- The Best Lawyers in America® -- Antitrust Law, Health Care Law, and Litigation - Antitrust (2007-2018)
- Triad Business Journal, Women in Business for legal work and civic contributions (2004)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.