Recognized since 2013
Deborah Chames is a seasoned family law attorney who represents clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, post judgment proceedings, enforcement proceedings, paternity actions, preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and mediation. Prior to joining Kluger Kaplan, she was a partner at Heller & Chames, P.A. since its founding in 1989.
She has been appointed by a number of Dade County Circuit Judges as Guardian-Ad-Litem in matrimonial matters involving children’s issues. She also frequently testifies as an expert on attorney’s fee issues in matrimonial matters and matters relating to prenuptial agreements. She has been involved in family cases before the Florida Supreme Court on multiple occasions.
Deborah believes in a holistic approach to family law matters, looking at the entirety of the family unit and crafting a strategy that zealously advocates for her clients’ best interests while also taking into account the sensitive and personal nature of the issues at hand. This winning combination makes Deborah a champion for her clients in and out of the courtroom.
Outside of the courtroom, Deborah enjoys cooking, traveling and spending time with her grandchildren.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 305-379-9000
- Phone Number: 305-379-9000
- Lawyer Page: https://klugerkaplan.com/profile/deborah-s-chames/
- 201 South Biscayne Boulevard, 27th Floor
Miami, FL 33131
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., graduated 1980
- Touro College, BA, graduated 1977
- Florida, 311448
- Family Law
- Pro Bono Service Award, August 1994 and August 2001
- South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers – Commercial Litigation, Martindale Hubbell Legal Leaders, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, Family Law, 2013-2021
- Super Lawyers, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2020
- Top Lawyers in South Florida, South Florida Legal Guide, 2006-2019
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.