Recognized since 2003
Family Law Mediation
Deborah Reiser is a divorce attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland. She leads the firm’s Family Law group, which was named one of the Washington, D.C. area’s top tier family law practices by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers. Her practice includes the litigation and negotiation of divorces, including the identification, valuation, and distribution of property; alimony; child custody, support and visitation; mediation and arbitration; and related proceedings.
Knowledgeable, responsive, and compassionate, Deborah is committed to understanding her clients’ positions and is seen as a tough and formidable advocate for their interests. Even in the most contentious of situations, Deborah helps her clients weather the difficult times that often accompany divorce with extraordinary wisdom and a sense of humor.
Deborah has been recognized as one of the area’s top divorce lawyers by Washingtonian and Bethesda magazines. She also has been listed in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazines. Super Lawyers named her one of the Top 25 Maryland Women Super Lawyers, and one of the Top 50 Maryland Super Lawyers overall, as well as one of the Top 100 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers.
Deborah is one of the first women in Maryland elected to the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL). Fellowship in the ACTL is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality. She has earned distinctions as a Master of the Bench of The Montgomery Inns of Court and a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. In addition, she is an American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Certified Arbitrator.
Born in Utica, N.Y., Deborah graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and earned her Juris Doctor from Northeastern University School of Law.
Admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia, Deborah is a former president of the Maryland Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and served on the Maryland State Bar Association's Family and Juvenile Law Section Council. She also has served in several leadership roles for the Montgomery County Bar Association and taught family law at the National Law Center of The George Washington University.
In her spare time, Deborah loves to travel and read.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 301-986-1300
- Phone Number: 301-986-1300
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lerchearly.com/people/deborah-e-reiser
- 7600 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 700
Bethesda, MD 20814-3663
- Gender: Female
- Ethnicity: White
- Northeastern University, J.D., graduated 1975
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- AAML (fellow); ACTL (fellow) - Fellow
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland - past Secretary, Executive Committee; past Chair, Judicial Selections Committee; past Chair, Family Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Montgomery Inns of Court - Master of the Bench
- Family Law, Washington, D.C. (2020)
- Family Law, Washington, DC (2016)
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Child Custody
- Collaborative Law
- Domestic Relations
- Equitable Division
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.