Recognized since 2017
Trade Secrets Law
David Nagle is a Registered Patent Attorney who has been with the Intellectual Property & Technology Service Group since its inception. He holds an advanced engineering degree, and his technical knowledge consistently allows him to better understand his clients' business needs and processes.
David has extensive experience prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications covering a wide range of subject matter, including consumer goods, mechanical devices, software and business methods. He also counsels clients on trademark and copyright issues, and he regularly negotiates and prepares licensing agreements and other contracts implicating intellectual property rights. David is recognized as a Certified Licensing Professional (CLP™), a designation which acknowledges licensing professionals who have demonstrated their experience and proficiency in licensing and the commercialization of intellectual property.
Contact & Links
- 400 West Market Street, Suite 1800
Louisville, KY 40202-3352
- University of Louisville , J.D., graduated 1998
- University of Louisville, BS, graduated 1994
- Kentucky, Kentucky
- United States, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association - Section of Intellectual Property Law, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) - Member
- International Trademark Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Licensing Executives Society International - Member
- Louisville Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trade Secrets Law, Louisville (2023)
- Patent Law, Louisville (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Patent Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Patent Prosecution
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2010-present)
- Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars (2013-present)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2013-present)
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers (2016)
- Business First of Louisville, Forty Under 40 (2009)
"David Nagle is a great lawyer -- very knowledgeable and responsive."
"David Nagle is the best there is in intellectual property. This guy knows his stuff and gets it done quickly and more effectively than any lawyer I deal with. I cannot recommend him more strongly."
- Travis Cox (Tarter Gate Company, LLC), Dunnville, KY
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.