Recognized since 2009
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
David is co-chair of the firm’s employment practice. He joined the firm upon his graduation from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1985. He practices in the area of litigation, with special emphasis on employment and energy law. He has represented clients ranging from individuals to multi-national corporations in state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, agency proceedings, and arbitrations and mediations throughout the central southwest. He has developed special expertise in the airline industry and in his practice he regularly represents airlines in many facets of their operations.
In addition to his private practice, he has served on various committees of local and state bar associations, including fee arbitration, ethics, American Inns of Court, and other bar activities. He has served as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma for 25 years.
Clients represented by Mr. Cordell include airlines, automobile dealerships, oil and gas companies, tobacco companies, banks, trusts, accountants, securities businesses, restaurant businesses, family and closely held businesses, real estate developers, manufacturing concerns, and communications companies.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.cwlaw.com/attorneys-david-r-cordell
- 4100 First Place Tower
15 East Fifth Street
Tulsa, OK 74103
- University of Oklahoma , J.D., graduated 1985
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., cum laude, graduated 1982
- Oklahoma, 1985
- Johnson-Sontag American Inns of Court - Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Member
- Tulsa County Bar Association (Fee Arbitration and Professional Responsibility Committees) - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Labor Law - Management, Tulsa (2018)
- Employment Law - Management, Tulsa (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Class Actions
- Railway Labor Act
- Title VII Litigation
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America© (2009-2020)
- 2018 Labor Law - Management Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year” in Tulsa
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Oklahoma Adjunct Settlement Judge since 1990
- Oklahoma Law Review Note Editor 1985 and Member 1983 - 1985
- Author of "Lender Liability for Securities Law Violations of its Borrowers," 39 Okla. Law Review 113
- Aviation and Airlines
- Real Estate
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.