Recognized since 2003
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
Mr. Larsen is vice chair of Bodman's Executive Committee and a member of the firm's High Net Worth Practice Group. He represents individual clients and financial institutions in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, trust litigation, estate and gift tax, real estate transactions, the purchase, sale and lease of aircraft and watercraft, and closely-held business transactions and succession.
Mr. Larsen has been named 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" for Litigation- Trusts and Estates by The Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Larsen is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 (for over ten years) under Trusts and Estates and Litigation-Trusts & Estates and listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2016 under Estate Planning & Probate. He is listed as a 2017 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Contact & Links
- Ford Field, Sixth Floor
1901 Saint Antoine Street
Detroit, MI 48226
- Alma College, B.A.
- Wake Forest University , J.D.
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Alma College - Member, Board of Trustees
- Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan - Member, Legal and Financial Network
- Detroit Crime Commission - Member, Board of Directors
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit - Member
- Matilda Dodge Wilson Fund - Member, Board of Trustees
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- Detroit Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Detroit (2022)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Detroit (2020)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Detroit (2018)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Detroit (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2009-2016 (Trusts and Estates)
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2016 (Estate & Probate)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated
"Although David Larsen has become a good friend, I have many different interests in my life that call for a strong, creative, and quick thinking attorney to be watching out for me. I am an entrepreneur with multiple businesses. David Larsen is able to be of fine counsel in all of them and a confidant for those and every other aspect of my life."
"Dave is an extremely competent, responsive, client-focused attorney. He provides practical, effective solutions to issues with excellent insight into the business aspects of the matter being addressed. I am always confident in my level of representation when Dave is acting on our behalf."
- Peter W. Ronan (Citizens Bank Wealth Management ), Bloomfield Hills, MI
"David Larsen is integral to our family planning three generations out. He interacts professionally with all of us and his advice is always direct and unbiased. We have been able to make the hard decisions with Dave's help."
"Dave Larsen has led me through a variety of difficult negotiations and assignments during my career. Dave is my go to person for referrals within Bodman and he gets me to the right person. Dave has always met my expectations, and I have high expectations."
- Robert A. Sajdak (Reliance Trust Company of Delaware), Atlanta, GA
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.