Recognized since 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
Litigation - Securities
David Ackerman defends law firms in professional malpractice and legal ethics actions. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, clients value his litigation experience and strategic insight in resolving disputes through trial and appeals, negotiation, or arbitration. Ranked by Chambers USA, where he is described as “an even-keeled, thoughtful and smart attorney,” he is repeatedly recognized by Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and included in The Best Lawyers in America listing since 2003 for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Securities Litigation, among others.
On behalf of law firms, David and his team have obtained favorable rulings on the basis of judgmental immunity, lack of privity, and the lawyers’ scope of work. They have obtained favorable evidentiary rulings for law firms; and recovered attorneys’ fees for law firm clients.
In addition, David litigates a variety of commercial matters, including class actions, antitrust and trade regulation, and business disputes. His team’s work has involved a variety of high stakes disputes across a number of sectors, including telecommunications, food and beverage, and storage.
With a strong commitment to the profession and the community, David is a member and past-president of the Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach Chapter and served on the Advisory Committee on Mediation for the U.S. District of Court for the Southern District of Florida. He received the Professionalism Award given by the Palm Beach County Bar Association to an individual who exemplifies the highest ideals of ethics within the legal system. David is active with The Salvation Army where he currently serves on its Advisory Board and is chair of both the Long Range & Strategic Planning and Northwest Community Center Event Committees. He was its William Booth (national) and Hearts of Gold (local) honoree. David is also a member of The Legal Aid Society of Florida, Board of Trustees, is past chair of the Board of Directors, and is a past recipient of their Pro Bono Service award.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/david-ackerman.html
- West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flager Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- George Washington University, graduated 1982
- Bucknell University, graduated 1979
- Florida, 1983
- United States District Court
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2024)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2021)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2019)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2018)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2015)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2014)
- Commercial Litigation, West Palm Beach (2012)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2010)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Securities
- Breach of Contract
- Complex Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.