Mr. Crapo, who holds an LL.M. in Health Law and Policy, also represents hospitals and other institutional healthcare providers, medical practices, lenders, bidders, insurers and insurance agencies, employers, and a pharmacy chain in connection with healthcare issues. His experience includes:
- drafting and updating HIPAA compliance manuals;
- advising on the impact of HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and the Breach Notification Rule on transactions;
- analyzing and drafting business associate agreements;
- evaluating and assisting in the structuring of transactions to meet the requirements of the Anti-Kickback Laws and the Stark law;
- revising medical staff bylaws to meet changes in the Joint Commission standards;
- preparing hospital access agreements and Medicare Advantage provider agreements; and
- representing creditors in healthcare bankruptcies and potential purchasers of the assets of healthcare related debtors.
He has written and spoken extensively on healthcare related issues and edited the newsletter of the Health Law Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute.