Mr. Garvin has practiced law in the area of white collar crimes defense for over 35 years. During that period of time, he has accomplished some amazing victories for his clients. As a result of his dedication and work ethic, he has earned a reputation of respect and admiration from his fellow lawyers. Comments used to describe Mr. Garvin during his career have included: driven, articulate, brilliant, calm and steady, masterful, and a winner. His abstract reasoning is "off-the-charts."
- Mr. Garvin attended the University of Miami from 1974 through 1978 and earned a bachelor degree in accounting.
- He sat for and passe the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination.
- Mr. Garvin attended the University of Miami law school from 1979 through 1982 and earned a Juris Doctor degree (JD). He was a member of the "Dean's List" every year and graduated Cum Laude. In 1987, Mr. Garvin obtained a Masters in Law (LLM) in Taxation from the University of Miami.
- On occasion, Mr. Garvin has served as an adjunct professor teaching the tax fraud course at the University of Miami Law School.
Mr. Garvin is a "Five Star" Lawyer
Mr. Garvin has received numerous awards and recognition.
- From a field of over 30,000 lawyers, Mr. Garvin was selected by The Daily Business Review as the Most Effective Lawyer in Criminal Law for 2014.
- He was selected by the Daily Business Review from a field of 30,000 lawyers as the Most Effective Lawyer in Complex Litigation for 2010.
- He has a published peer review in Martindale Hubbell as a preeminent lawyer in both criminal law and tax law.
- He has been recognized by SuperLawyers.com as a Super Lawyer for the past 10 years.
- He has been selected by Top Lawyers for white collar crime defense and has an AVVO rating of "Superb".
- Most importantly, he has been rated by his former clients "5 Stars". The highest rating.
- Mr. Garvin has a trial record in the area of criminal tax and economic crimes defense that is second to none.
Watch Mr. David Garvin youtube videos:
- Selecting the proper lawyer to defend you in a criminal tax case
- Make an Informed Decision About The Defense of Your Criminal Tax Case
- Hiring a Criminal Tax Lawyer Should be Treated as if Your Life Depends on it
- The IRS Special Agents Are Not Your Friends.
- How to Best Level The Playing Field in an IRS Criminal Tax Trial.