Recognized since 2005
Manhattan Beach, California
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
David Ring is a nationally renowned plaintiff’s personal injury trial attorney and has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of seriously-injured individuals or families who have lost a loved one in a tragic accident. For more than 20 years, he has represented victims of sexual abuse, sexual harassment, assault, molestation and sexual misconduct in cases against a variety of employers and entities, including schools, churches and youth organizations. He prides himself on providing aggressive, yet compassionate representation for children who have been sexually abused and women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted.
He also handles other major personal injury cases, including wrongful death, serious motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents, construction site accidents, product liability, premises liability, and employment actions involving discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination.
David has consistently been included on the prestigious list of The Best Lawyers in America, and is named to the list of Southern California Super Lawyers as well as to its "Top 100 Lawyers in Southern California” list for several consecutive years.
David’s representative results against schools and school districts on behalf of child victims, include:
- $10.8 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of teenage boy who was sexually abused by a teacher.
- $6.75 million settlement on behalf of several boys who were abused by their fourth grade teacher.
- $5.6 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of a 14-year-old girl who was manipulated into engaging in a sexual relationship with her high school teacher.
- $4.5 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of two young girls who were sexually abused by their third grade teacher.
- $3.5 million settlement for several children in the high-profile LAUSD / Miramonte School case in which Mark Berndt fed tainted cookies to students.
- $3 million settlement against a school district on behalf of a special needs student who was sexually harassed and assaulted by another student.
- $3 million settlement against a school district on behalf of a 13-year-old girl who was sexually manipulated and exploited by her middle school teacher.
- $1.35 million settlement for a 14-year-old boy who was bullied by other students at a Los Angeles middle school.
- $18.6 million jury verdict on behalf of an injured motorcycle rider who was struck by a negligent driver.
- $4.3 million settlement on behalf of a man who suffered brain damage after being struck by a vehicle while walking in a crosswalk.
- $3.25 million settlement for a woman injured in a Metrolink train crash.
- $2.4 million settlement for the parents of an adult disabled son who was struck and killed by an out-of-control car.
- $1.8 million verdict on behalf of a sales executive who was terminated because of his age.
In addition, David has obtained landmark results in a range of personal injury cases, including:
Also a fierce advocate of consumer rights, David is actively involved in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), the nation's largest local association of plaintiffs' attorneys in Southern California. He has served on the Board of Governors since 2005, as well as the Executive Committee. In 2016, he will become the President of the 2,500-member organization. David has been nominated by CAALA as "Trial Lawyer of the Year" in 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013. He is also a frequent speaker and former co-chair of CAALA’s Annual Convention. In addition, David is an active member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and the Consumer Attorneys of California(CAOC).
David's high-profile cases generate a tremendous amount of media interest. He has appeared on The Katie Couric Show and The View, where he was interviewed by Barbara Walters regarding the YouTube case he is handling in which his adult client, Jamie, confronted her former teacher on a phone call and the teacher admitted to sexually abusing Jamie when she was 13 years old. Jamie posted the phone confrontation on YouTube and it went viral, leading to international media coverage. The perpetrator was subsequently arrested and charged with serious crimes of sexual abuse of a minor.
David graduated cum laude from the University of Southern California in 1987 and "Order of the Coif" (top 10% of his class) from University of Southern California Law School in 1990.
When not watching his two young sons play sports, David enjoys playing tennis and attending Laker games.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.taylorring.com/attorneys/david-m-ring/
- 1230 Rosecrans Avenue, Suite 360
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- University of Southern California, BS, graduated 1987
- California, The State Bar of California
- American Association for Justice - Sustaining Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles - Board of Governors
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Sustaining Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Los Angeles (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Superb Rating on Avvo.com (10 out of 10)
- Named to Prestigious Woodward & White's Publication "The Best Lawyers in America"
- Selected for inclusion on the list of Southern California Super Lawyers "Top 100 Lawyers"
- Selected, Southern California Super Lawyers (2006-2014)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.