David practices in the area of environmental and natural resources law, focusing on environmental compliance auditing, Superfund, solid and hazardous waste, asbestos, water quality, underground storage tank, environmental management systems, environmental remediation and environmental due diligence matters. He has conducted over 120 comprehensive environmental audits throughout the United States and internationally over the past eight years. He was recently named among the 2013 Best Lawyers in America, and also a BTI Client Service All-Star for 2013 by the Wellesley, Mass. based firm, BTI Consulting Group, Inc.
- Conducting over 120 comprehensive environmental compliance audits in 30 states, Brazil, Canada and Venezuela during the past eight years.
- Representing clients on over 250 Real Estate Environmental Site Assessments.
- Participating in the development of environmental legislation and regulations in four states and on the federal level. From 1995-2000, Mr. Wallis was the primary author of the Arizona Solid Waste Statute and amendments to Arizona’s Hazardous Waste, Special Waste, Used Oil and Waste Tire Statutes.
- Representing clients in over 18 cost recovery actions under Superfund, solid waste and underground storage tank laws.
- Successfully obtaining government agency closure of contaminated sites in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Texas and Washington.
- Serving as Newsletter Editor (1994-96) and Executive Council Member (1996-2001) of the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona; Chairman of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce Solid and Hazardous Waste Subcommittee (1997-present); Chairman of the Arizona Solid Waste Coalition (1995-present); member, Maricopa Association of Governments Solid Waste Advisory Committee (1998-present); and Visiting Instructor on environmental law at Arizona State University (1989-present).