Recognized since 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
David Kushner has nearly 25 years of experience in media and communications law, focusing on broadcasting, media policy, and First Amendment issues. A trusted advisor, he is recognized as one of the nation’s leading authorities on retransmission consent agreements.
David has extensive experience helping businesses navigate the dynamic media landscape and the unique legal challenges that they face in the digital age. His media and communications practice focuses on issues related to broadcasting, media policy, and First Amendment matters. One of the broadcast industry’s leading attorneys, he has also guided some of the nation’s largest media companies in creating new revenue sources and exploring new ways to deliver content.
From the technical details of signal compression and propagation to the broader politics of communications and copyright regulation to the future of broadcasting with ATSC 3.0, David brings an unparalleled depth of knowledge to his practice. Equally comfortable in conversation with a company president or a broadcast engineer, David is able to serve as a comprehensive resource for clients. David also routinely practices in commercial litigation (motions and appellate practice) and intellectual property (copyright and trademark), with a focus on statutory compulsory copyright license issues.
David is recognized as one of the nation’s leading authorities on retransmission consent agreements, having successfully negotiated agreements with a total value in excess of $9 billion.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.brookspierce.com/our-people/attorneys/david-kushner
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- Duke University , J.D., graduated 1996
- Princeton University, Ph.D., graduated 1990
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, AB, graduated 1985
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Federal Communications Bar Association - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member, Constitutional Rights & Responsibilities Section
- Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority - Member, Board of Directors
- United Arts Council of Raleigh & Wake County - Member, Board of Advisors
- History of Science Society - Member
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals - 2nd, 4th, 7th, 11th, DC Circuits
- US District Court - Western District of NC
- US District Court - Middle District of NC
- US District Court - Eastern District of NC
- United States Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Media Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.