David K. TeSelle
Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C.
Recognized since 2013
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Trial Lawyer David K. TeSelle is a Colorado and Arizona licensed attorney who has successfully tried numerous cases to jury verdicts in both state and federal court, as well as private arbitration. Mr. TeSelle was a lead counsel in 2019 on one of the largest personal injury jury verdicts in Arizona history ($58.5 million). He has also successfully battled the largest banks in the world including in litigation related to the 2008 economic collapse (the so-called “Big Short” cases) and regularly represents numerous plaintiffs in large class action and mass tort actions against corporate bad actors, large and small. Mr. TeSelle has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, and his focus is on complex trial litigation. Mr. TeSelle has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients.
At Burg Simpson, Mr. TeSelle is a Preferred Shareholder, the leader of Burg Simpson’s Complex Commercial Trial Team, and a nationally recognized trial lawyer. His team includes over a dozen of the best trial lawyers in the country.
Mr. TeSelle’s primary practice areas include: Complex Commercial Litigation; “Bet Your Business” Litigation; Catastrophic Injuries; Mass Torts; Class Action; Shareholder, Partnership and LLC Member Disputes; Fiduciary Duty Violations; Construction Defects; Securities; Insurance Bad-Faith; COVID-19 Business Interruption Claims, Lender Liability; Shareholder Derivative Actions.
Mr. TeSelle also represents and provides guidance to state and federal whistleblowers under the False Claims Act (so-called Qui Tam actions) when they expose fraud against state and federal governments.
Mr. TeSelle is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, has been repeatedly recognized in Best Lawyers in America (including achieving Best Lawyers-Lawyer of the Year status in 2017), Colorado Super Lawyers, is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, maintains a 10.0 AVVO rating, and has been honored as a Top 100 Trial Attorney by the National Trial Lawyers Association (of which he is Past President of the National Trial Lawyers Business Torts section).
Mr. TeSelle believes that trial lawyers are critical to preserving the vibrant marketplace that makes our country exceptional. Only trial lawyers can ensure that the good businesses, good builders, good bankers, good investment advisors, and good insurers succeed- and thrive – by bringing the bad actors to justice, to ensure that the system is fair and just for all.
Mr. TeSelle serves a wide range of clients and prides himself on hard work, professionalism, and an unrelenting focus on serving the client, striving to meet the client’s goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner. Mr. TeSelle demands only “A-plus” work product from his team on all aspects of legal representation. One size does not fit all in high-stakes commercial and construction defect litigation disputes. Mr. TeSelle is always working to find creative and effective ways to achieve success for his clients. Mr. TeSelle never forgets that the ultimate goal is to fight hard to win justice for his clients and to do so as ethically, effectively, and economically as possible.
Mr. TeSelle was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, grew up in Reading, Pennsylvania, and has lived in Colorado for the past twenty years. Mr. TeSelle graduated from Columbia College of Columbia University in New York, NY in 1991. Mr. TeSelle received his law degree from Pennsylvania State University (f/k/a The Dickinson School of Law) in 1994.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Lawyer Page: https://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney/david-k-teselle/
- 40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
- Ethnicity: White
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law, J.D., graduated 1994
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania (Inactive)
- Arizona, Arizona
- United States, District of Colorado 1998
- United States, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States, 10th Circuit
- Colorado, Colorado
- Colorado Supreme Court Well-Being Recognition Program for Legal Employers Pilot Project - Project Participant
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) - Chairperson for the Anti-Terrorism Litigation Group
- National Trial Lawyers Business Tort Trial Lawyers Specialty Association - President, 2012-2015
- The National Trial Lawyers - Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Arapahoe County Bar Association - Member
- Jefferson County Bar Association - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
25 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
7 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs, Denver (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Nation’s Top One Percent 2015, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 100 Attorney, The National Trial Lawyers
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year 2017,” Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Denver
- Top Verdict® "Top 50 Jury Verdicts," All Practice Areas, 2019
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- President, National Trial Lawyers Business Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2013-2022
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers®, 2012-2018 and 2020-2022
- AVVO®, Highest Distinction of Superb 10.0 Attorney Rating
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Qui Tam Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.