Recognized since 2003
David Taylor has for nearly 30 years been a commercial litigator, with an emphasis on construction and real estate dispute resolution. David has a national construction practice representing all participants in the construction industry, and has tried cases and disputes all across the United States. He has a national "neutrals" practice, and has been chosen more than 300 times by lawyers all over the country to help them either settle their clients’ disputes through mediation, or to render binding decisions as an Arbitrator. He is a national trainer for the American Arbitration Association, and has lectured (locally and nationally) more than 100 times at construction, mediation/arbitration, landlord/tenant and commercial real estate seminars.
David is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 for his practice in arbitration, construction law and meditation and he was named to the 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition, for construction litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He is also listed as a "Mid-South Super Lawyer" for construction litigation (2008-2012) and named for construction litigation in Corporate Counsel Edition Top Lawyers (2011-2012. He is a member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American (Member, Arbitration and Construction Law Forum) Bar Associations, as well as a founding member of the Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel (“TACC”), for which he is presently serving as the Chair.
In 1999, David founded the Tennessee Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section, and has served as Chair 3 times, most recently in 2008. He also served as the 2009-2010 Section Chair for the Tennessee Bar Association's Construction Law section. He was a past member of the Tennessee Supreme Court’s Lien Law Committee, the Tennessee Supreme Court ADR Commission, and serves on many nonprofit boards.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bradley.com/people/t/taylor-david-k
- Roundabout Plaza, Suite 700
1600 Division Street
Nashville, TN 37203
- The University of Alabama , J.D., graduated 1984
- Davidson College, B.A., graduated 1980
- Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association - Member
- The Tennessee Academy of Mediators & Arbitrators - Fellow
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Construction Law, Nashville (2020)
- Mediation, Nashville (2018)
- Arbitration, Nashville (2016)
- Mediation, Nashville (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Construction Disputes
- Listed in Who's Who Legal, "International Who's Who Mediation Lawyers," 2013
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers, Construction Litigation, 2009-2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.