Recognized since 2011
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
David has tried numerous cases in both state and federal courts and has argued in the U.S. Courts of Appeals on multiple occasions. From 2000 to July 2005, David left private practice to serve as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Office of the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. There he handled a variety of criminal prosecutions and investigations and worked closely with representatives of financial institutions, including internal auditors, compliance officers and counsel, as well as corporate representatives. For several years, David specialized in investigating complex international money laundering and narcotics importation cases.
Currently, David's White Collar and Investigations practice helps companies and individuals confronted with the weight and specter of government investigations and prosecutions. David provides sound advice and guidance based on a wealth of experience and knowledge, assisting clients through the trials and tribulations of the criminal process. David represents clients in all aspects of white collar crime and regulation, including: criminal tax violations, FCPA violations, money laundering, DBE fraud, Health Care fraud, Stark Act and Anti-Kickback violations, government contracting fraud, False Claims Act allegations, export violations, FDA violations, securities fraud, public corruption, environmental crimes and banking offenses.
Besides his white collar criminal defense and investigations work, David has litigated -- and tried -- a broad variety of civil matters, including trade secrets, restrictive covenants, business fraud, breach of contract, employment discrimination, and personal injury defense.
A native of Altoona, Pennsylvania, David has served as a faculty member for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute to instruct other lawyers on topics related to white collar crime.
Contact & Links
- Koppers Building, 30th Floor
436 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Bucknell University, BA
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The West Virginia State Bar
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Pittsburgh (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Pittsburgh (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Commercial Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- John Marshall Award for Asset Forfeiture from Attorney General of the United States, 2005
- Best Lawyers - White Collar Criminal Defense, 2011 to the Present
- Best Lawyers - Commercial Litigation, 2013 to the Present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.