Recognized since 2011
Labour and Employment Law
Workers' Compensation Law
David is a labour and employment lawyer in Hicks Morley’s Toronto office. He represents employers in the private sector in a variety of litigation forums. David is certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Labour and Employment Law and is a board member of the Law Society of Ontario Certified Specialist Program.
David regularly appears before the Ontario Labour Relations Board and private arbitrators, Provincial Offences Court defending against Occupational Health and Safety Act charges, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal and the Ontario Court of Justice. He has extensive experience in the construction and automotive industries.
David frequently acts as the lead negotiator in collective bargaining and provides strategic advice to assist management when he is not at the bargaining table. He also provides strategic and proactive advice in all areas of employment and labour law to assist employers in avoiding costly mistakes and developing effective employment policies. David has built longstanding relationships with many of his clients by taking the time to truly learn all aspects of their businesses. He offers practical solutions to complex problems and is an extremely effective litigator.
Contact & Links
- 77 King Street West
TD Centre, 39th Floor
P.O. Box 371
Toronto, ON M5K 1K8
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, LL.B.
- Wilfrid Laurier University, B.A. (Hons.)
- Ontario, 1994
- Ontario, 1994
- American Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member (Administrative Law, Labour & Employment Law, Workers’ Compensation)
- The Advocates' Society - Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Labour and Employment Law
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (2010–2022) Employment Law, Occupational Health & Safety (Repeatedly Recommended); Labour Relations, Construction Labour Relations, Workers’ Compensation (Consistently Recommended)
- Lexpert® US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada (2018) Labour and Employment Law (Most Frequently Recommended)
- Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2018) Labour and Employment Law
Areas of Concentration
Workplace Safety & Insurance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.