David I. Rosen has practiced labor and employment law on behalf of management clients since 1977. He handles employment litigation in the federal and state courts, before administrative agencies and through arbitration and mediation, and has broad experience with wrongful dismissal and employment discrimination claims, having successfully defended employers following jury and bench trials. His litigation experience extends to the enforcement and defense of restrictive covenants, NLRB unfair labor practice trials and appellate advocacy. Mr. Rosen also represents employers in labor arbitrations and at the collective bargaining table, represents employers at NLRB representation proceedings, and provides legal advice to management on labor law issues relating to union pre-election campaigns.
Independent of his litigation practice, Mr. Rosen provides day-to-day advice and counsel on a myriad of federal and state labor and employment laws (such as the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act), conducts independent investigations of employment law claims, prepares and reviews employee handbooks and a variety of personnel policies, negotiates and drafts employment contracts and employee separation agreements, counsels employers on limiting their exposure to legal claims and counsels companies on staff reorganizations and reductions-in-force.
Mr. Rosen also frequently provides in-house training on various labor and employment law topics (such as harassment and diversity, the administration of collective bargaining agreements and effective disciplinary policies and procedures).Mr. Rosen has extensive experience representing health care and hospitality clients, companies within the shipping container and freight forwarding industries, pharmaceutical companies, warehouse and distribution businesses, manufacturers, financial services firms and institutions, Asian-owned and operated businesses, garment industry businesses, radio broadcasters, law firms, construction firms, and not-for-profit agencies.
Representative Jury and Bench Trials
- Represented major home improvement chain as lead trial attorney in whistleblower CEPA jury trial in Morris County Superior Court; claims arose following plaintiff's discharge. 6-day trial resulted in complete defense verdict.
- Represented major New Jersey acute care hospital as lead trial attorney in employment law "false imprisonment" jury trial in Bergen County Superior Court, in which State of NJ was a co-defendant. 7-day trial resulted in a complete defense verdict.
- Represented national manufacturer as lead trial attorney in age discrimination civil action arising under the federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act, filed in the EDNY. 6-day jury trial resulted in complete defense verdict.
- Represented major New York City acute care hospital as lead trial attorney in Title VII race discrimination civil action filed in the EDNY. 3-day bench trial resulted in a complete defense judgment.
- Represented major defense contractor as lead trial attorney in Title VII race discrimination civil action filed in DNJ. 3-day bench trial resulted in complete defense judgment.
- Represented Long Island-based nursing home as lead trial attorney in Title VII gender-based discrimination civil action filed in EDNY. 5-day bench trial resulted in a complete defense judgment.