Recognized since 2008
Jericho, New York
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
For the past 35 years as one of the leading personal injury lawyers in New York City, David Perecman has championed all types of personal injury cases, including construction accidents, premises accidents, automobile accidents, and medical malpractice.
Mr. Perecman and his firm have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients over the course of his career. He founded the Perecman Firm in 1983 at the young age of 29 after winning a highly publicized $600,000 verdict against the now-defunct department store Gimbels for falsely detaining an elderly woman when an anti-theft device set off the alarm. The case set the modus operandi for Mr. Perecman for years to come. They initially offered him $1500 to settle and only offered $10,000, the amount he demanded at first at the end of the trial. His response was... too late. After the verdict the case settled for almost $100,000 even though the incident lasted only a few minutes and there was no medical care resulting from her incident.
Since then, he has taken dozens of personal injury cases to verdict and settled many more mid-trial. Among his more recent victories: a $15 million verdict* for a construction worker, plus many other multi-million-dollar settlements, verdicts and recoveries. Mr. Perecman has become one of the top personal injury lawyers in New York City by combining extensive and relentless preparation, first-class litigation skills and above all, relentless PASSION, to achieve winning results.
Mr. Perecman, a 1978 graduate of Brooklyn Law School, either has or still serves on the executive committee, nominating committe and the board of directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA), a prestigious lawyers’ association. From 2005 to 2013, Mr. Perecman served NYSTLA to be a chair of it's New York construction accident committee related to construction accidents. Additionally, Mr. Perecman has been selected year after year, to date, since 2007 by the prestigious New York Trial Lawyers Association's teaching arm, NYSTLI, to head up and lecture to other New York City personal injury lawyers on construction accident law.
He and his firm not only are involved with complex construction and other litigation he is also a respected appellate attorney with numerous groundbreaking appellate decisions to his firm's credit. Some of these decisions are cited over and over by other lawyers in fields of construction law, premises security and medical malpractice since they have paved the way for injured victims. They also have a workers compensation department.
His Firm, The Perecman Firm, PLLC has been selected by U.S. News and World Reports- Best Law Firms in 2011-2014 as among the top twenty personal injury firms in all of New York City, tier 3. He is admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, New York State and the U.S. District courts of the Southern and Eastern districts of New York. His credentials also include the role of a commentator on Court TV and he has been seen in The New York Post, the Daily News and the New York Times and on ABC, CBS NBC and the Katie Couric show his representation of the missing autistic child "Avonte" Oquendo; and has been published regarding his representation of the ex-fiance of the television star Vincent Pastore (of HBO's The Soprano's) and on NBC new's interview regarding the New York City April 2012 crane collapse.
He is listed in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The National Law Journal's Hall of Fame, rated AVVO 10, "Superb"and the National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals and has been listed in the New York Law Journals Book of Lists and its Journal for top verdicts in NY State most years since 2005.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.perecman.com/our-attorneys/david-perecman/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 500 North Broadway, Suite 161
Jericho, NY 11753
- 250 West 57th Street, Suite 401
New York, NY 10107
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., graduated 1978
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association - Board Memeber/ Chairman Labor Law Committee
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Long Island (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Firm listed as among top twenty personal injury firms in NYC, tier 3, by U.S.News and World Reports Best Law Firms
- U.S. News & World Report for 2011-2012 selected my firm as one of the Top 20 Law firms in New York City , Tier 2, in the field of Personal injury-Plaintiff’s litigation
- Super Lawyers 2007-2013, Multi Million dollars Advocates Forum, Listed in New York Law Journal's Book of Lists and Top Verdicts for multiple years, Law Dragon Leading Plaintiff Lawyers 2007, National Law Journal's Hall of Fame 2008, 2011-2012 U.S. News
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2008-2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.