I joined KPMG Abogados in September 2000, and I am a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1997.
My core area of expertise is corporate law, advising national and international clients in private equity transactions, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate legal compliance issues.
In M&A transactions, I have broad experience in all transaction steps, providing the following services in both Spanish and English languages:
- Assistance in the definition of the transaction structure (share/asset deal, etc.), including eventual carve out or other prior restructuring processes. Experience in acquisitions of distressed companies.
- Coordination of lawyers of several jurisdictions in cross-border transactions.
- Drafting of preliminary transaction documentation: non-disclosure and clean team agreements, process letters, letters of intent, binding/non-binding offers, etc.
- Coordination and direct involvement in the legal due diligence.
- Drafting and negotiation of the shares/assets sale and purchase agreements, investment agreements, and guarantee documents (bank guarantees, escrow agreements, etc.) related.
- Legal advice and coordination with other work streams in the fulfilment of conditions precedent and in the closing mechanics.
- Post integration advice, drafting of transitional services agreements and following up and advice in the eventual claims raised.
Other areas in which I have broad experience are the drafting of contracts (agency, distribution, franchise, joint venture, etc.), and the performance of secretarial duties for the board of directors.