Recognized since 2007
Banking and Finance Law
Real Estate Law
Mr. Saffer is a transactional lawyer focusing on real estate and lending law, with an emphasis in commercial lending. He regularly represents institutional lenders in making all types of commercial loans. He also represents public and private borrowers in all types of secured and unsecured syndicated loan transactions. He also has represented clients in numerous asset acquisitions and dispositions, including those involving a number of coal companies.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Saffer is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA) and the state chair in Kentucky for ACMA. He is also the chairman of the 9th Biennial Real Estate Law and Practice Institute. Mr. Saffer is past chairman of the Louisville Bar Association's Real Estate section. He was chairman of the Kentucky Bar Association's Convention Committee in 2003, and is a past board member of the Louisville Central Area. He is also past director of Junior Achievement of Kentuckiana, Inc.
Contact & Links
- 400 West Market Street, Suite 1800
Louisville, KY 40202-3352
- University of Louisville , J.D., graduated 1995
- University of Evansville, BS, graduated 1992
- Kentucky, State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys - Fellow
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Louisville Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Louisville (2022)
- Banking and Finance Law, Louisville (2017)
- Real Estate Law, Louisville (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated
- ChambersUSA America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2007-present)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers Top 50 Lawyers in the State (2009)
- Led team that closed numerous structured finance transactions for JP Morgan and other national conduit lenders
- Regularly represents institutional lenders in making all types of commercial loans.
- Regularly represents public and private borrowers in all types of secured and unsecured loan transactions and capital and financial leasers for equipment and machinery including an $850 million secured term loan and revolving credit facility, a $250 million revolving credit facility and a $175 million unsecured term and revolving credit facility.
- Has assisted in the documentation and closing of numerous asset and securities purchase and sale transactions and joint venture and venture capital transactions.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.