Recognized since 2008
- Direct Phone Number: 703-442-0040
- Phone Number: 703-442-0040
- Lawyer Page: https://rooplaw.com/meet-our-attorneys/david-e-roopjr/
- 1604 Spring Hill Road, Suite 460
Vienna, VA 22182
- University of Notre Dame, graduated 1985
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- Certified Financial Planner - CFP
- Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia - Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- Virginia State Bar - Member
- Virginia State Bar 5th District Disciplinary Committee - Former Chair
- Family Law
- Best Lawyers - Washingtonian Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report
- Best Family Law Attorneys - Northern Virginia Magazine
- Ten Leaders
"David Roop is a wonderful lawyer and a terrific guy! He was everything you would want your divorce lawyer to be."
"It is obvious that David is a very busy man when dealing with him. However, when he is focused on your case it is as if there are no other cases on his schedule. He is empathetic, sympathetic and vastly knowledgeable about family law. I never doubted that David and Alex always considered and work toward what was best for my children and me."
"David Roop personifies the term "counselor" in his representation of clients. He combines his knowledge of the law with sound judgment to craft comprehensive, strategic and goal-oriented approaches to achieving great results for his clients. Mr. Roop also understands how to relate on a personal level with his clients; understanding on a deeper level the family issues and dynamics that make family law complicated and unique. This allows him to effectively negotiate real solutions for his clients, which is sometimes unique for a lawyer. He also happens to be very funny, personable, and smart."
- Glenn Johnson, Arlington, VA
"David is exceptionally able; creative in crafting the case and action forward. He is able to diffuse heated exchanges effectively and he is aware of difficult hurdles in getting to and winning in court. David is good at helping the client understand, evaluate and choose action options as well as helping them get past emotional blinders to understand realistically what should be done. He is focused on the short and long-term welfare of the children. He has a great team and is a good leader for them. He is a truly fine professional."
- Donald Frazier (Donald Frazier, Management Counsel), Reston, VA
"David Roop is an excellent strategic and compassionate lawyer. He is available, professional, and got me the best possible legal settlement I could have hoped for."
- Allison Moore, McLean, VA
"As someone who holds a law degree, I can say that David Roop is a brilliant and effective family law attorney. He has a deep and analytical understanding of family law (even when the matter involves conflicting laws in different jurisdictions), is a superb strategist and communicator, and treated my case and me with a spirit of compassion and understanding. I was very fortunate to have Mr. Roop as my attorney, and I will always be grateful for what he accomplished on my behalf. He has earned the respect of his peers, and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a great lawyer."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.