Recognized since 2006
Washington, District of Columbia
Real Estate Law
David C. Silver is a partner in the law firm of Holland & Knight. He practices in the areas of real estate acquisition, development, financing and commercial leasing. His practice includes the representation of large developers, pension funds and institutional owners, as well as large corporations in connection with their real estate activities in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and nationally. This representation includes the buying, selling, development, financing and/or leasing of office buildings, shopping centers, residential buildings, hotels and mixed-use sites. He also represents Holland & Knight in all of its real estate activities nationally and serves on the firm's Directors Committee.
Mr. Silver is a certified public accountant, and was associated with the accounting firm of Coopers & Lybrand from 1981-85, where his work emphasized syndications and real estate accounting. Mr. Silver also speaks on various commercial real estate topics and was an adjunct professor of law at George Washington University Law Center where he taught accounting for lawyers.
Contact & Links
- 800 Seventeenth Street N.W., Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20006
- Lehigh University, BS
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute (Georgetown University Law Center), Board of Directors - Member
- Anti-Defamation League, Executive Board of Directors - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers - Member
- Johns Hopkins Medicine, Board of Directors - Member
- Suburban Hospital (Bethesda, MD), Board of Directors - Chairman
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers magazine, 2009-2012
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Best Lawyer, Washingtonian Magazine, Real Estate and Zoning/Land Use, 2011, 2013
- The International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyer's, 2013
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, 2008-2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.