Recognized since 2016
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
David Scruggs has represented taxpayers in appeals in numerous states and before local and state boards of equalization. He has also represented taxpayers in litigation before state and federal courts. He was co-counsel in the landmark Memphis Bank & Trust Co. v. Garner property tax case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. He is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He was also recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2019 in the fields of Administrative/Regulatory Law, Litigation and Controversy- Tax, and Tax Law for the 4th year.
Mr. Scruggs is a frequent speaker at seminars on property taxation and wrote "Ad Valorem Taxation of Agricultural Land in Tennessee," Memphis State University Law Review, Vol. 4, No. 1, Fall 1973. Mr. Scruggs is also a certified public accountant.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 901-525-6781
- Phone Number: 901-525-6781
- Lawyer Page: https://evanspetree.com/professionals/david-c-scruggs/
- 6060 Poplar Ave, Suite 400
Memphis, TN 38120
- The University of Memphis, J.D., graduated 1973
- University of Memphis, B.B.A., graduated 1970
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Memphis (2024)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Memphis (2023)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Memphis (2022)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Memphis (2021)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.