Recognized since 2005
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Litigation - Environmental
David Weinstein has an active civil and criminal litigation practice, with an emphasis on environmental, toxic tort, real estate, business, health care, and other complex matters. In the civil context, David represents clients in class action, mass tort, multidistrict, and other complex litigation. In the criminal area, David represents business organizations and individuals in federal, state, and local investigations. He also has substantial experience representing clients in internal investigations involving allegations of fraud, regulatory violations, and other misconduct. In both the civil and criminal areas, David has substantial experience helping clients develop and implement crisis management and public relations strategies.
David is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in both Commercial Litigation and Environmental Law, as well as in Chambers USA (Band #1), The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, and The International Who's Who of Environmental Lawyers. He is recognized as one of "Florida's Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine, which inducted him into its Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame in 2010. Florida Super Lawyers has rated David as one of Florida's "Top 100" lawyers each year since 2009. David is rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, and he was selected by the Tampa Bay Business Journal in 2005 to be included in Who's Who in Business in the Tampa Bay Area.
David has a long record of service to the legal profession and the community, including the following positions: Member, Board of Directors, WEDU, West Central Florida's primary public broadcasting station; Chair, Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee, ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources; Chairman, City of Tampa Board of Ethics; Member, Florida Chamber Foundation's Six Pillars Caucus system and its Civic & Governance Systems Caucus; Co-Chair, Criminal Litigation and Enforcement Subcommittee, ABA Environmental Litigation Committee; Vice-Chair, Defense Research Institute (DRI) Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Mass Torts Specialized Litigation Group; and Master Lawyer, Tampa Bay Inn of Court. He is also a member of the Herbert G. Goldberg Inn of Court (Criminal Law) and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. A fourth degree black belt, David is the senior instructor of Tampa Moo Duk Kwan, a non-profit martial arts club.
David lectures and writes on a regular basis on environmental, business, and other issues. These have included presentations for the United States Sentencing Commission, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the National Association of Environmental Law Societies; the Florida Chamber of Commerce, and The Florida Bar, as well as publications in the Federal Bar News & Journal, The National Law Review, and in Defense Research Institute and ABA newsletters.
David is a member of The New York State Bar Association, The District of Columbia Bar, and The Florida Bar, and he is admitted to the bars of the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the District of Columbia Circuit, and the Eleventh Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the District of Columbia, the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida, and the District of Puerto Rico. David received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Florida, where he was a member of the Trial Competition Team, Florida Blue Key, and Omicron Delta Kappa.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gtlaw.com/en/professionals/w/weinstein-david-b
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1900
Tampa, FL 33602
- University of Florida, BSBA, graduated 1981
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America - Outside General Counsel, 2019 - Present
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay - Member
- Board of Directors, Tampa Bay Economic Development Council - Member, 2018 - Present
- Criminal Litigation and Enforcement Subcommittee, Environmental Litigation Committee, American Bar Association - Co-Chair, 2009-2015
- Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, American Bar Association - At-Large Vice-Chair, 2013-2019
- Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, American Bar Association - Chair, 2012-2013
- Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, American Bar Association - Year in Review Vice-Chair, 2015-2020
- Executive Committee, Tampa Bay Economic Development Council - Member, 2018-Present
- General Counsel, Tampa Bay Economic Development Council - 2018-2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Member
- State Litigation Advisory Committee, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Litigation Center - Member
- The Florida Bar - Member
- The New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Board of Trustees, David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Herbert G. Goldburg Inn of Court (Criminal Law) - Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Class Actions
- Commercial Disputes
- Complex Litigation
- Large Case Litigation
- Mass Tort
- Natural Resources
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- The International Who's Who of Environment Lawyers
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
- "Who's Who in Business in the Tampa Bay Area," Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2005
- Florida Trend magazine, Environmental, 2004-2020 "Hall of Fame," 2010-2020
- Florida Trend "Legal Elite," 2004-2020
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers "Top 100 Lawyers in Florida," 2009-2020
- Chambers USA Guide, 2009-2020
- The Legal 500 United States, Litigation - Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Toxic Tort, 2011-2014, 2016-2020
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.