Recognized since 2006
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Personal Injury Litigation
Professional Malpractice Law
Considered by many to be one of Ontario's most respected civil litigators, Dave Williams practices in the areas of class action litigation, complex commercial litigation and personal injury. Notably, Dave also has a special record of achievement in medical malpractice cases where he has successfully represented plaintiffs. He has also been active in representing Ontario lawyers in litigation supported by LawPro — the Ontario lawyer’s professional liability insurance plan.
As a veteran litigator, Dave’s 40-year legal career has brought him before the Trial Division, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. He has been involved in many high profile cases including being a member of the plaintiffs’ class action group for the Walkerton contaminated water claim as well as a landmark aboriginal rights dispute. Recently Dave was co-counsel in a number of significant class action matters which proceeded through lengthy common issue trials and onto appeal.
Dave’s passion for the law is reflected both inside and outside the courts. Dave served for 10 years on the Law Society of Upper Canada's Civil Litigation Specialty Committee which evaluates applications for specialist certification in civil litigation. He has taught courses on civil litigation, advocacy and practice for the Bar Admission Course and has also published numerous conference papers in his areas of practice. Dave is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Advocates' Society, and the American Association for Justice.
In 2009, Dave was inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers. In 2013, he was chosen among Canada’s top lawyers in Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation. Moreover, Dave was named Best Lawyers’ 2020 “Lawyer Of The Year” in Personal Injury Law for London/Windsor. Only one lawyer in each practice area in each community is honoured as a “Lawyer of the Year.” Dave was also the Managing Partner at Harrison Pensa from 1999 until he stepped down in 2014.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Professional Malpractice Law, London/Windsor, Canada (2021)
- Personal Injury Litigation, London/Windsor, Canada (2020)
- Insurance Law, London/Windsor, Canada (2018)
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, London/Windsor, Canada (2017)
- Insurance Law, London/Windsor, Canada (2016)
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, London/Windsor, Canada (2014)
- Insurance Law, London/Windsor, Canada (2012)
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, London/Windsor, Canada (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Medical Negligence
- American College of Trial Lawyers (2009)
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer Of The Year” 2012, 2016, 2018 in Insurance Law London/Windsor
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer Of The Year” 2020 in Personal Injury Law London/Windsor
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer Of The Year” 2011, 2014, 2017 in Corporate and Commercial Litigation London/Windsor
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.