Recognized since 2021
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lkmfamilylaw.com/lawyers/david-a-mcgrath
- 638 Prospect Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
- University of Connecticut, J.D., graduated 2009
- Saint Anselm College, B.A., graduated 2006
- Connecticut, 2010
- Connecticut Bar Association - Assistant Secretary Treasurer 2019-2020
- Connecticut Bar Association Family Section - Executive Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyers Section - Chair of 2,500 member section, 2018-2019
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating and Gold Client Championhttps://www.martindale.com/attorney/david-a-mcgrath-43914784/
- US News and World Report Best Law Firms 2020
- Hartford County Bar Association 2018 Judge Maxwell Heiman Memorial Award: The Judge Maxwell Heiman Memorial Award is presented to a Hartford County lawyer in his or her first ten years of practice who exemplifies the high standards of service to the profession, ethics, scholarship and devotion to clients that were the hallmarks of Judge Heiman’s professional career as a lawyer and judge.
- SuperLawyers Magazine Rising Star (2013-present)
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellow 2019. The James W. Cooper Fellows program nominates outstanding Connecticut lawyers, judges, and teachers of law to become James W. Cooper Fellows.
- Connecticut Law Tribune New Leader in the Law 2016. The Connecticut Law Tribune selected these lawyers for their achievements in legal work, pro bono efforts and community involvement.
- Connecticut Bar Association Family Section Rising Star 2011
"David and his entire team were fantastic throughout a very difficult process of divorce after 26 years. From the first phone call, I knew they cared about how I was doing and what I needed. David is also very knowledgeable about the law and very good at predicting and talking through the reactions from the other lawyer and my ex which was extremely helpful in deciding how to proceed. David is also extremely honest and up front about how events would unfold and what I could expect, he did not let me have unreasonable expectations which I found extremely helpful. I would highly recommend David as a divorce and family attorney."
- Kelly DiMeo, Granby, CT
"David McGrath brought an encyclopedic knowledge of Connecticut family law to his role as my attorney. As a result, he was able to render prompt, accurate, and effective advice. Together, we developed a strategy resulting in settlement out of court, resolving my divorce in a manner appropriate for my daughter. I am most grateful to Attorney McGrath and his firm."
- James Austin
"The thing about divorce as anyone who has experienced it already knows is that your thinking is not clear and emotion trumps logic. The thing about Dave is that he never makes you feel crazy even though of course, you are given the circumstances! In other words, he listens attentively to everything you say and does so with compassion. Dave always advocates for you, which is especially important during a time when you find it hard to even advocate for yourself. Dave, thank you for being there for me and my daughter!"
"When I initially walked into Dave’s office seeking a divorce after 45 years of marriage, having just been granted restraining and protective orders on my ex, one of the first things he did was give me the name of a therapist that he recommended I talk to, due to the trauma I experienced. He truly cares, as is evidenced in the compassion and empathy he shows, and I will never forget his kindness that day. When we discussed my case, he gave me confidence that we would successfully get through it; and we did obtain the outcome I desired, despite the divorce being contentious thanks to Dave’s legal expertise. From day one, he was a strong advocate for me. His many practical words of wisdom made a difference, always delivered in a calm, reassuring manner. I had loads of questions along the way, and Dave always responded in a timely fashion, providing detailed explanations with the answers, which I appreciated as I wanted to clearly understand every step of the process. When various decisions had to be made, we worked collaboratively, with Dave providing the options to me and explaining the implications of each choice but ultimately, I felt empowered to make the decisions. Of the many folks I know who have gone through divorces, none of them recommended their attorneys. So, I consider myself extremely fortunate that I found Dave through a colleague of his, who was impressed with his excellent work ethic. I strongly agree!"
- Wendy Houghton, Weatogue, CT
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.