Recognized since 2013
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Daniel W. Munley is an award-winning personal injury lawyer and a champion of plaintiffs’ rights. For decades, Dan has tirelessly fought to win millions for injured victims of tragic accidents and their families. While Dan handles a range of complex personal injury cases, he is widely regarded as a national leader in traumatic brain injury and tractor-trailer accident litigation. Through hard work and unrelenting commitment to his clients, he has won numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. Just recently, Dan strategically negotiated a record-setting $26 million settlement for a truck accident victim.
A seasoned truck accident lawyer, Daniel served as Chairperson of the American Association for Justice’s Trucking Litigation Group from 2011-2012, and currently serves on the executive board for that group. In 2020, he received the Robert W. Munley Champion of Justice Award (previously the Chairman’s Award) from the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group. He has been certified by the Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, and board-certified in Truck Accident Law and Civil Trial Practice by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Daniel has been named among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania, the Trucking Trial Lawyers Top Ten, and has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers. He was selected “Lawyer of the Year: Product Liability– Plaintiffs” for the Allentown Metro Area in 2020 by Best Lawyers. That same year, he was one of only two lawyers in the region named to the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers. He has earned an AV-Preeminent rating and a Platinum-Level Client Champion designation from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to his major tractor-trailer crash victories, Dan regularly presents cutting-edge truck accident trial techniques at conferences around the country. Dan also works determinedly to improve the greater Scranton community. He served as a board member for the Everhart Museum and coaches little league baseball, basketball, and softball. Dan and his wife Valerie Munley are the proud parents of three children.
- 227 Penn Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
- University of Tulsa, J.D., graduated 1994
- University of Scranton, B.S., graduated 1990
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys - Board of Regents
- American Association for Justice - Executive Board Member, Trucking Litigation Group
- Lackawanna Bar Association - Member
- Luzerne County Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit - Member
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania - Member
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Allentown (2020)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Recipient, American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group “Robert W. Munley Award”
- Board Certified Advocate, Civil Trial, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Certification by the Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (AITLA)
- Top Ten Trucking Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania, the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs, Allentown Metro Area, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Recognition by the National Law Journal: a truck accident case settlement reached by Daniel and Marion Munley was the 2nd highest settlement in Pennsylvania, and the 25th highest in the U.S. in 2015.
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America,” 2013-present
- Super Lawyer 2011-present
- Named to the Irish Legal 100
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named a Platinum-Level Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers 2020-2022
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.