Daniel P. O'Toole
Recognized since 2014
New York, New York
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Daniel P. O’Toole is an award-winning trial attorney known for his record-breaking results in some of the toughest personal injury cases in New York, including verdicts of $110 million, $32 million, $30 million, and $20 million among others. In 2017, Mr. O’Toole obtained the highest mediated settlement that year ($12 million for a construction worker) and the second highest overall settlement in all of New York State ($13.5 million for car accident victim). Most recently, he obtained a $110,174,972.38 jury verdict for a cyclist paralyzed by a falling railroad tie during subway maintenance. The result is believed to be the largest non-medical malpractice verdict in New York State.
As Partner at the Manhattan-based personal injury law firm Block O’Toole & Murphy, Mr. O’Toole focuses his legal practice on representing the rights of accident victims in cases of:
- Construction Accidents
- Automobile Accidents (including truck collisions, bus accidents, and highway defect cases)
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Bad Faith Claims
- Industrial Accidents
Named as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the country from 2009 through 2018 by the American Trial Lawyers Association, Mr. O’Toole is the lead attorney in some of the most significant accident cases in New York, securing more than $350,000,000 in verdicts and settlements for his clients in the last six years alone. He is honored by numerous organizations including Best Lawyers, US News, Super Lawyers, and the Brehon Law Society in New York.
Mr. O’Toole is a fierce advocate for the legal rights of injury victims and has written thought leadership articles for the legal publications such as the New York Law Journal. He is active in the New York State Trial Lawyers Association where he served as the Co-Chairman of the association’s Labor Law Committee for over a decade.
Additionally, Mr. O’Toole is committed to charitable organizations within his community as an active supporter of St. Jude Children’s Hospital, the Connecticut Center for Child Development and the Institute of Education Achievement. He demonstrates the highest commitment to continuing education, providing scholarships to students throughout New Jersey. A graduate of Fordham Law School, he and his wife have also endowed a need-based scholarship at Fordham Law in thanksgiving for all that Fordham helped him achieve.
He is admitted to both New York and New Jersey bars.
Contact & Links
- 1 Penn Plaza, Suite 5315
New York, NY 10119
- Fordham University, JD - Juris Doctor, graduated 1992
- University of Scranton, MA - Masters, graduated 1989
- University of Scranton, BA - Bachelor of Arts , graduated 1989
- New Jersey, since 1992
- New York, since 1993
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers – since 2014
- Super Lawyers – since 2008
- Irish Legal 100 – since 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers from American Trial Lawyers – since 2009
- James F. Gill Spirit of Hope Award from Fordham Law School’s Feerick Center for Social Justice – October 2018
- Lawyer of the Year from Institute of Jewish Humanities – 2012
- Lawyer of the Year from Brehon Law Society in New York – 2011
- Man of the Year from Brooklyn to Alaska Project – 2013
- Founder’s Medal from Bergen Catholic High School – 2016
- Runner of the Year from One Mission – 2018
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.