Daniel P. "Dan" Fitzgerald
Recognized since 2020
Trusts and Estates
Daniel P. Fitzgerald is a Principal in Cummings & Lockwood's Private Clients Group and Principal-in-Charge of the Greenwich office. His practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, taxation, partnerships, probate litigation and defending tax audits. Dan's extensive estate administration experience allows him to develop estate plans that address issues and concerns before they become problematic. He has worked with a broad range of finance, accounting, hedge fund and private equity professionals, as well as artists and entrepreneurs. Dan has developed comprehensive estate plans to assist members of many generations in their wealth transfer protection and planning.
Dan is the Chair of the Firm's Marketing Committee and former principal-in-charge of the Firm’s Continuing Legal Education Program and the Private Clients Group Associate Training Program.
- Two Greenwich Plaza, Suite 230
Greenwich, CT 06830-6390
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation, graduated 2009
- Syracuse University, J.D., graduated 2006
- Lafayette College, B.A., graduated 2003
- Connecticut, 2006
- New York, 2007
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Fairfield County's Community Foundation, Professional Advisors Council - Member
- Greenwich Bar Association - Member
- Greenwich Hockey Club - Board Member
- Greenwich United Way - Board Member, 2015 - 2021
- Meals-on-Wheels, Inc. of Greenwich - Board Member, 2007 - 2017
- New York Bar Association - Member
- United States Tax Court
33 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
8 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Trusts and Estates
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers, Rising State in Estate Planning, 2011 - Present
- Connecticut Law Tribune, New Leaders in the Law, 2013
- Fairfield County Business Journal, "40 Under 40" Award, 2012
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.