Recognized since 2006
New York, New York
Derivatives and Futures Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Securitization and Structured Finance Law
Daniel Budofsky is a partner in Bingham’s Investment Management Practice Group and co-leader of our derivatives and commodities practice. Dan advises financial institutions, corporations, investment funds and asset managers on financial products in domestic and international transactions. He has worked on numerous derivatives and financing transactions, including fund derivatives, as well as a variety of complex structured products. Dan’s practice encompasses convertible, exchangeable and over-the-counter derivatives financing transactions.
Dan’s clients have included some of the largest financial institutions in the world as well as major endowments and “Fortune 50” companies. Dan has acted as counsel to the Asset Management Group of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in connection with derivatives reform. He also represented the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) in connection with the drafting of the 2006 Fund Derivatives Definitions and the 2011 Equity Derivatives Definitions projects.
Long recognized as a “Band 1” lawyer in the derivatives area by the editors of Chambers USA and Chambers Global, clients say that Dan is “smart, really cares and has a real depth of knowledge in Dodd-Frank,” and that Dan “delivers the highest quality of service and advice.”
Contact & Links
- 31 West 52nd Street 29th Floor
New York, NY 10019
- Cornell University, BS, graduated 1979
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association - Member and Former Chairman, Derivatives and Structured Products Law Committee
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Derivatives and Futures Law, New York City (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Derivatives and Futures Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- Convertible Bonds
- Equity Derivatives
- IFLR1000 (2010-2013)
- Chambers Global, Capital Markets: Derivatives (2011–2013)
- Chambers Global, Capital Markets: Securitization (2014)
- Chambers USA, Capital Markets: Derivatives (2003–2012, 2014)
- Legal 500 US (2014)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.