Daniel Cohen helps leading businesses with sophisticated corporate and transactional needs, including mergers and acquisitions throughout the U.S. in the increasingly competitive transit operator sector. Daniel has experience in M&A transactions with the energy service industry, as well as with water and wastewater utilities, construction and property management companies, medical device companies, distributors, and sales representatives, manufacturers and companies in the live entertainment and restaurant industries. In addition, Daniel has:
- Handled numerous joint venture, equity and debt financing;
- Worked on international and domestic transactions, including borrower-side finance;
- Represented management groups seeking private equity funding;
- Frequently advised clients on Hart-Scott-Rodino filings, and;
- Advised clients in the purchase and sale of distressed assets and businesses.
For over 15 years, he has represented a U.S. subsidiary of a public U.K. company in various matters. This representation has included the acquisitions and disposition of more than 20 school bus operators and transit companies, including complex cross-border acquisitions in Canada. He has also represented a private equity portfolio company in the acquisition of numerous water and wastewater utilities from private and governmental owners.