Recognized since 2001
San Antonio, Texas
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Professional Background: Admitted to bar, 1981-Texas; 1986-Wisconsin; U.S. Supreme Court-1992; U.S. Court of Appeals-5th Circuit-1982; U.S. District Courts for the Western (1984), Southern (1994), Eastern (1995), and Northern (1995) Districts of Texas. Currently admitted pro hac vice in numerous courts and states throughout the United States.
Education: University of Wisconsin (B.S., summa cum laude, 1978); London School of Economics (Summer of 1980); St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., with distinction, 1981 – graduated first in his class); Member, John M. Harlen Society; Senior Associate Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal, 1980-1981.
Memberships: San Antonio Bar Association, American Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, State Bar of Wisconsin, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA) (Director), San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association (SATLA) (Director, 1988-92; Past President, 1994-95), American Association for Justice (AAJ), American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) National Representative for the San Antonio Chapter. National Board of Trial Advocacy member since 1989. Has served or participated in various State Bar of Texas committees or activities including the Administration of Rules of Evidence Committee (AREC), from 2006-2012.
Awards: Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America - Personal Injury Litigation category, 1995-2021 by Woodward/White, Inc.; Selected as one of the Top 50 Texas Super Lawyers in the Central & West Texas Region in 2020, from 2011-2016 and in 2008 by Thomson Reuters; Recognized as one of the Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers in 2013 by Thomson Reuters; Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer, Plaintiff Personal Injury: Product Liability category from 2003-2020 by Thomson Reuters; Named one of San Antonio's Top Attorneys by San Antonio Magazine– 2020; Awarded the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association – Pat Maloney Sr. Courage Award – 2013; Named in San Antonio Scene as one of the Top Lawyers in San Antonio – 2006-Present.
Certifications: Board Certified – Civil Trial Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1988; Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1987; Board Certified – Civil Trial Advocate - National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1989; Board Certified – Civil Practice Advocate - National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2018; Board Certified – Truck Accident Law Advocate - National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2019.
- 10107 McAllister Freeway
San Antonio, TX 78216
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, Bachelors of Science, graduated 1978
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Administration of Rules of Evidence Committee - Committee Member, 2006-2012
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - National Representative for San Antonio Chapter
- San Antonio Bar Association - Member
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association - Member, Past President, Past Director
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Director
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1995
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, San Antonio (2012)
- Personal Injury Litigation, San Antonio (2010)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- San Antonio Lawyer of the Year in Personal Injury Litigation by Best Lawyers in America, for both 2010 and 2012
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association Pat Maloney, Sr. Courage Award 2013
- Top 100 Super Lawyers in Texas, 2013, Plaintiff Personal Injury Product Liability category by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Texas Monthly
- Best Lawyers In America, Personal Injury Litigation, Plaintiffs, 1995-2018
- Texas Super Lawyers, Plaintiff Personal Injury: Product Liability, 2003-2017
- Top 50 Lawyers in the Central & West Texas Region in both 2008 and 2011-2017 by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Texas Monthly
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.