Recognized since 2015
Land Use and Zoning Law
Real Estate Law
Dan Bailey has more than 25 years of experience in environmental, land use, real estate, and municipal law. He prides himself on offering pragmatic solutions to complicated legal matters. While Dan’s “sweet spot” is the redevelopment of commercial property, he has a strong background in all aspects of environmental and regulatory law. Dan also handles all types of real estate transactions. Dan has helped facilitate development of a wide range of commercial real estate projects, ranging from mixed use (retail, office, and housing), multifamily housing, athletic facilities, marinas, and large residential subdivisions. He works regularly with development teams seeking state and local permits. Dan has participated in hundreds of public hearings before state agencies and municipal boards and commissions throughout Massachusetts.
Dan also has experience in all areas of municipal law related to real estate development and sale, including eminent domain, public/private infrastructure financing programs, municipal procurement, and town meeting proceedings. Dan was a geologist before going to law school, and this background has helped Dan become an expert in waterfront property law. He handles numerous complex real estate matters on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and especially on Nantucket.
Dan is Chair of Pierce Atwood's Land Use Practice Group.
Contact & Links
- 100 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., cum laude; Order of the Coif, graduated 1988
- Middlebury College, A.B., cum laude, graduated 1981
- United States, Massachusetts
- Abstract Club - Member
- Boston Bar Association - Member, Section on Environmental Law
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce - Member, Regional Real Estate Development Leadership Council
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) - Member
- Real Estate Bar Association - Member, Environmental Section
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Real Estate, Zoning, and Land Use Law
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Real Estate and Land Use and Zoning Law (2015 - present)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.