Recognized since 2009
Los Angeles, California
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Daniel H. Black is widely recognized for his ability to navigate easily on the cutting edge of media as well as the traditional entertainment business. Mr. Black has extensive experience in the television, motion picture and digital media arenas, having practiced law both in the major studio and law firm settings. He has served as lead counsel on numerous transactions with the major motion picture studios and television networks, in addition to major internet content producing, licensing and advertising entities. His clients include production and distribution, internet and video game companies as well as advertising agencies, showrunners and producers, along with on-air television and sports personalities. Mr. Black also possesses substantial experience representing internationally-based clients in their entertainment industry-related matters.
Contact & Links
- 1840 Century Park East, Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- New York University, AB, graduated 1973
- California, The State Bar of California
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association - Member
- Board of Overseers, Emerson College - Chair
- California State Bar Association - Member
- Century City Bar Association - Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member
- Motion Pictures, Television, Cable and Radio Division, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, American Bar Association - Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- "Dealmakers Report," Variety, 2009.
- The Legal 500 United States, 2009
- The Hollywood Reporter, "Power Lawyers: Top 100 Most Influential Entertainment Lawyers in America," 2007-2013
- Chambers USA Guide, National - Media & Entertainment, 2013
- "Entertainment Lawyer of the Year" Award, Century City Bar Association, 2013
- Variety, "Legal Impact Report," 2013
- The International Who's Who of Sports & Entertainment Lawyers, 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2011-2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.