Recognized since 2013
Dan Danford practices with the Business Litigation Service Group and Torts & Insurance Practice Service Group and is primarily involved in defending complex business and product liability claims. Mr. Danford has defended a number of class action product liability suits involving pharmaceuticals, tires, insulating materials, light fixtures, dishware, electrical systems, construction materials, specialty rifles, automotive windshields and various cases involving financial services such as waste collection fees.
Dan also wears an administrative law hat, participating as counsel to the Hearing Committee of the United States Equestrian Federation in approximately 100 administrative hearings each year.
Mr. Danford has briefed and argued numerous cases before various appellate courts including the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and in 1999 he argued and won a landmark case before the Kentucky Supreme Court extending the standard for expert admissibility to all expert witnesses.
Contact & Links
- 250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Lexington, KY 40507-1758
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., graduated 1996
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, M.S., Speech Pathology, graduated 1982
- University of Denver, BA, graduated 1980
- Kentucky, Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) - Member
- Fayette County Bar Association - Member
- Fayette County Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2011-present)
- Benchmark: Litigation Magazine's "Litigation Star" (2015-present)
Class Action - sale of pain mediciationDefending class action claims and an Attorney General action in Kentucky involving the schedule II pain medication, OxyContin
Class Action - rate increasesDefending class action claims in Memphis, Tennessee, concerning rate increases by a major waste management company
Chemical CompanyDefending a major chemical corporation against multi-plaintiff actions involving alleged damages from a chemical release. The case resulted in two major federal trials in 2009 and 2010
Bankruptcy Fee reversalSelected to reverse on appeal a multi-million dollar fee awarded in bankruptcy court to an investment brokerage firm
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.