Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Insurance
Dana Maine is a founding attorney of FMG and is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. Her practice focuses on professional liability defense and governmental litigation.
Ms. Maine heads the firm's Professional Liability National Practice Section, including Lawyer's (LPL) and Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) practice groups. She has defended attorneys, insurance agents, real estate agents, teachers, corporate officers, and other professionals. She is a member of the Board of Directors of the Professional Liability Attorney Network (PLAN), which is a national association of select law firms with significant professional liability practices. She also serves on the leadership committee for the Professional Liability Committee within the Defense Research Institute.
Ms. Maine also is a former Chair of the Governmental Law Committee for the Defense Research Institute and is recognized as a leading national authority on land use and zoning, law enforcement, and civil rights litigation. She has tried all types of local government lawsuits and has argued a number of significant Section 1983 and constitutional appellate matters before the Georgia Supreme Court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
A graduate of Agnes Scott College (B.A.), Ms. Maine received her law degree from Emory University (J.D.), where she was a member of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. She has spoken throughout the country on professional liability issues and governmental law. Ms. Maine is a graduate of the Atlanta Regional Commissioner's Leadership Institute, and she also is active in a number of other civic and professional organizations in metropolitan Atlanta.
- 100 Galleria Parkway, Suite 1600
Atlanta, GA 30339-5948
- Gender: Female
- Emory University, J.D., graduated 1991
- Agnes Scott College, B.A. , graduated 1987
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- Appellate Advocacy Committee - Member
- Commercial Litigation Committee - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Women in the Law Committee - Member
- American Bar Association - Member of Standing Committee on Lawyer Professional Liability
- DRI - Defense Research Institute - Former Chair Government Liability Committee, Professional Liability Committee (Steering Committee Member)
- PLUS - Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Municipal Law, Atlanta (2013)
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Insurance
- Municipal Law
- Land Use and Zoning
- Best Lawyers in America, "Women In The Law", 2016
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2010-present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009-present
- Best Lawyers in America, "Lawyer of the Year" for Municipal Law, 2013
- Atlanta Magazine's Top Attorneys in Georgia, 2010-2013
- Premier Top 100 Trial Attorneys in the State of Georgia
- Civil Rights Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Government Contracts
- Insurance Law
- Legal Malpractice Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Municipal
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.